X

Changing angle of factory handlebars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing angle of factory handlebars

'95 600 here, don't mind the overall position of the bars but I'm a big guy. It would be nice there was a way to just rotate the bars around the fork a few degrees (10-15) toward the front.

Is it safe to drill a new hole in the top triple to reposition the existing bar? Other options?

Thanks!

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
    '95 600 here, don't mind the overall position of the bars but I'm a big guy. It would be nice there was a way to just rotate the bars around the fork a few degrees (10-15) toward the front.

Is it safe to drill a new hole in the top triple to reposition the existing bar? Other options?

Thanks!

Swap out the stock bars for clip ons. You can set them at what ever angle you want, but be sure you check clearances... full turns may cause different angles to hit the gauges/tank.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

angled bars

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post

Thanks!
      Hi, i have been thinking the same thing myself, also whether the bars could be swapped and turned around (right to left and flipped 180 degrees).

If you get anywhere please let me know. Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X