X

bent exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent exhaust

I have a bent exhaust. The po dropped the bike at a low speed coming up his driveway...I'm guessing that's what did it. My issue...I don't know what side (left or right) of the exhaust is at the stock placement.

I want to straighten it out, just need to know which one to bend back. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry...it won't let me upload an image, so here's the link to my dropbox.

...and here is one of my bike...

Last edited by lncoln; 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM.
    why.......do I not believe you?

Originally posted by lncoln View Post
    I have a bent exhaust. The po dropped the bike at a low speed coming up his driveway...I'm guessing that's what did it. My issue...I don't know what side (left or right) of the exhaust is at the stock placement.

I want to straighten it out, just need to know which one to bend back. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry...it won't let me upload an image, so here's the link to my dropbox.

...and here is one of my bike...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6kg7jft3t...4701192542.jpg

Which one is closer to the swing arm if it were to be raised up?

That's the one that 's bent.

At stock position you have very little clearance between the exhaust cans and the swing arm when it's up. If it is bent in any, it very likely will be hit by the swing arm on hard compressions.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Which one is closer to the swing arm if it were to be raised up?

That's the one that 's bent.

At stock position you have very little clearance between the exhaust cans and the swing arm when it's up. If it is bent in any, it very likely will be hit by the swing arm on hard compressions.

Krey
      They both are pretty tight to the swingarm. I'm going to go with the right side being wrong...there is a dent on the inside of the can where it hit the swinger. Also, the right side passenger peg rests at an upward angle when opened.

Thanks for your help.
      why.......do I not believe you?

Comment

Working...
      X