X

yoshimura exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoshimura exhaust

Hello, I have a 1992 Katana 750 with dual exhaust, and am woundering what type of Yoshimura exhaust would fit it? Any help will be appritated!

There is no Yoshimura that will fit a 1992 Katana 750. They used to make a 4 into 1 full system for the dual exhaust models, but that was discontinued long ago and is very difficult to find. I'd recommend you swap your oil pan and oil pick up from a 92 model to one used on a 98-06 Katana. 600 and 750 are the same, well they both work for the swap if they aren't identical. Once you are using a 98-06 oil pan and pick up, use a 98+ 750 OEM header. You'll be able to find all the parts on eBay. You can then use any Yoshimura slip on for a 98+ Katana. Not just Yoshimura, any slip on. Two Brothers, D&D, Vance and Hines, Hindle, etc, etc.

Comment

Or you can check my thread a few posts down, I'm working on a 4 into one for pre 600 and 750's. It will not need an oil pan swap.
      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

or you can do what I did: buy a used vance and hines 4-into-1 header. No need to change the oilpan. I bought a Yoshimura r3 can on Ebay and used a portable band-saw to cut down the transition pipe by 1/2". Welded a small mounting tab to the frame and... boom. Yosh can for under $300.
        sigpic
        '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

Working...
        X