X

unlowering my katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlowering my katana?

my katana has been lowered...do i just put the stock dogbones back in and raise forks and change kickstand?

im ordering parts off ebay...no one local wants to trade parts lol...or no one has a katana

Don't you love it when the answer can be so simple. Don't get many yes or no questions on here.

Comment

lol ok i was making sure...ive never lowered a bike or owned one...im glad it dont have a long swing arm...

it rides like a tank...forks have almost no travel...looks kinda cool but completly wothless

thanks for the answers...off to ebay

Comment

Originally posted by 5point0guy View Post
        lol ok i was making sure...ive never lowered a bike or owned one...im glad it dont have a long swing arm...

it rides like a tank...forks have almost no travel...looks kinda cool but completly wothless

thanks for the answers...off to ebay

Um, before you buy new links... post pictures of the links you have. Most of the fixed position lowering links have 3 slots, one of which is normal height.

This could be as easy as just move the links to the right bolt hole.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

theres 2 holes......the hole closest to the ground is open

Comment

theres 2 holes......the hole closest to the ground is open

That would be raising the height, moving the bolt longer in the link.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

are you kidding me...let me go try...its nice to have a downstairs aapartment in this hot heat

Comment

are you kidding me...let me go try...its nice to have a downstairs aapartment in this hot heat
                Don't know if the bottom setting is going to be stock height, but yes... the longer the link, the higher the bike will sit.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  Don't know if the bottom setting is going to be stock height, but yes... the longer the link, the higher the bike will sit.

Krey
                  that wasnt a good idea...i put it on the link closet to the ground...it sat like a drag bike...so low that it about fell over if i didnt hold it..

ill buy some stock parts soon...just wish i could find a local to trade

Comment

that wasnt a good idea...i put it on the link closet to the ground...it sat like a drag bike...so low that it about fell over if i didnt hold it..

ill buy some stock parts soon...just wish i could find a local to trade

Your right, my mind switched that around on me. Sorry about that.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Your right, my mind switched that around on me. Sorry about that.

Krey
                      Hey its ok.

Comment

Hey its ok.

Slept on it.

Thinking about it now, those are probably 2 position 2" and 4" lowering links. Is there not room for adding a hole above the other 2? That would be a simple way to make it stock height.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Slept on it.

Thinking about it now, those are probably 2 position 2" and 4" lowering links. Is there not room for adding a hole above the other 2? That would be a simple way to make it stock height.

Krey
                          nope sure isnt...i thought of that one too

Comment

got some nice thick steel and made my own links...bikes leans a bit far over cause of kick stand but not enought to scare me...

feels so much better now

Comment

got some nice thick steel and made my own links...bikes leans a bit far over cause of kick stand but not enought to scare me...

feels so much better now

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X