X

need some info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some info

So I was on the way to work and noticed my exhaust sound was alot louder then usual. So when I get to work I check on it and the end cap on the muffler blew off FML... so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the diameter of the midpipe would be so I can look for a replacement can to swap in. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

If the end cap flew off, it's probably an aftermarket exhaust.... and we would sort of need to know which one to offer any thoughts.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Im not looking just for the end cap, I want to buy a whole new "slip on" but have no idea what the diameter of the midpipe is so I can widen my search to find a replacement. Just trying to figure out this measurment but cant find the info online so here I am.

Comment

any reputable site will have a fitment guide which will tell you if a particular slip-on will work for your setup.

additonally, the slip-on will come with a new mid pipe so that should not be a concern.
        Last edited by shift6; 05-23-2014, 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Stay_Solo View Post
          Im not looking just for the end cap, I want to buy a whole new "slip on" but have no idea what the diameter of the midpipe is so I can widen my search to find a replacement. Just trying to figure out this measurment but cant find the info online so here I am.

As was already stated... If its an aftermarket can, then we would need to know what brand to match the mid-pipe size.

The slip on are a can and mid pipe sold together.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well its an old vance and hines ss2r exhaust. The guy I bought the bike from cut the can down and reattached the end cap very poorly. So im trying to get a new can so I can replace this mess lol

Comment

Working...
            X