X

91 katana 2 bro exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 katana 2 bro exhaust

Hi guys, I was thinking of replacing the exhaust on my 91 katana with a two brothers full slip on but all the ones Im finding are 98-06 year. Would this still be compatible the with 91 kat? anyone have suggestions as to what I can do? (New rider so any advice would help). Thanks.

There is no "slip-on" options for the 88-97 Katana. It has a stock dual exhaust. You're options are:
    1) replace the OEM 4 into 2 exhaust with a full 4 into 1 aftermarket exhaust made for an 88-97 Katana. D&D and Vance and Hines are your options.
    2) replace your oil pan and oil pick up with a 98-06 Katana oil pan and pick up. Then you can replace your OEM exhaust header with a 98-06 Katana header and use and slip-on you desire.
    Last edited by arsenic; 02-24-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much. That helped a lot. As a follow up, anyone would happen to know where I can find a D&D 4in1 for cheap? Idk if getting a used one would have any down side to it, if not I would prefer it as it would be cheap lol. Thank you.

Comment

If you like the D&D sound, just sell your Katana and buy a Harley.

Comment

after you switch out the oil pan can you use post 600 AND 700 headers?

Comment

I think you mean can you use the 600 OR 750 headers? If so, yes. It's not just the oil pan you need to switch. You have to switch the oil pick up also. Otherwise switching the oil pan isn't going to work.

Comment

Just ordered an oil pan, pickup and full post kat exhaust system for under $100. Let's get this party started!

Comment

Originally posted by scrappy_canotuna View Post
                Just ordered an oil pan, pickup and full post kat exhaust system for under $100. Let's get this party started!
                Where did you find that good of a deal?
                First motorcycle - new project
                1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
                  Where did you find that good of a deal?
                  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say eBay.

Comment

Definitely ebay haha sorry, been swamped with work and baby preparations. girlfriend let me bring the bike into the living room for my birthday tho. Finally getting into it! I've torn off the pan and pickup screen assy. Will I face any issues if I just bolt the new pickup to the old oil pump?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Working...
                      X