X

Is This an Aftermarket Header?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This an Aftermarket Header?

I took the exhaust off of my '98 750 today to do some work and realized it doesn't look like the other headers I've seen on eBay.

It's 4-2-1 and each half is independent from the other (as in the only thing holding them together is the midpipe).

Are these aftermarket headers or off a GSXR or something?
    Ignore the obviously imbalanced fuel mixture on the cylinders, that's part of the reason I'm working on the bike.

Last edited by Thrahl; 12-21-2013, 12:20 PM.

No clue what you ride, but...

That is not a stock exhaust off of a 600 or 750CC Katana from 88 or newer.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      No clue what you ride, but...

That is not a stock exhaust off of a 600 or 750CC Katana from 88 or newer.

Krey
      Forgot to put the bike lol. It's a '98 750. I'll put that in the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrahl View Post
        Forgot to put the bike lol. It's a '98 750. I'll put that in the original post.

Is there a tag or symbol on the exhaust can? Fine print writing on it that mentions mfg. by? If so, look up their offerings and narrow it down.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Is there a tag or symbol on the exhaust can? Fine print writing on it that mentions mfg. by? If so, look up their offerings and narrow it down.

Krey
          Well the can is a V&H SS2R but it was installed by the previous owner right before I bought the bike. Before that it had a D&D on it.
          Which makes me think maybe it's a D&D header but I can't find any pics of them.

There aren't any markings on the headers that I can find. No logos, numbers, or anything.

Comment

Im curious to see what it is too..
            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

judging by the rust, i'd say its a d&d or delvik

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                judging by the rust, i'd say its a d&d or delvik
                What makes you say that?
                Are other systems stainless or are these just known to rust out?

Comment

from my experience dd tends to rust fairly quickly, atleast up here in the north east US.

looks similar, just cleaner
                  Last edited by c-rod90; 12-21-2013, 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                    from my experience dd tends to rust fairly quickly, atleast up here in the north east US.

looks similar, just cleaner
                    The one you link to is a 4 into 1 system, not the 4-2-1 like the OP has.

Comment

you wont gain much and not worth the trouble .. a good sounding pipe will give off a great golden sound .
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've been digging trying to find this system (the OP's that is) or anything close. Saw the SATO one on Ebay and passed it over for two reasons:

First, when titanium oxidizes (rusts) it turns to a white powder, not red/brown rust. Second, the angles (at the head end of things) look wrong (not a sharp enough curve) to fit a Kat. Seems like its a system made to fit a GSXR of some type.

This seems like the exact system (OP), but still no name: http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-Suzuki-Ka...01b576&vxp=mtr

Closest I've come was an older MAC system that had the same look, but wasn't for a Kat. Maybe that is the answer, an older system that isn't made anymore?

Comment

Working...
                        X