X

Cheap Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Exhaust

Hello all, I'm looking for a slip-on exhaust that won't cost me an arm and a leg. I've got an '02 Kat 600. Any recommendations?

Go to the store, buy a 12 pack of beer. Drink all the beer. Cut all the cans lengthwise and pop-rivet them into an exhaust-shaped object

Comment

You technically just answered my question... Not disappointed.

Comment

Glad I could help!

I get all my inspiration from this guy.

Shervin Rezaiy (a.k.a.ShervinRRR), a member of ZX-10R.net, part of the Motorcycle.com forum network, has found a novel approach to modding his sportbike.Such as punching speed holes in his license plate:

Comment

You can find some used slipons for a good price. ebay or craigslist. unfortunatly you don't have enough posts to buy off members yet but hey, if they want to sell to you off the site, good for you.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

That guy is hardcore. I just need a cheap exhaust and to get the massive fender off the back.

Comment

In all seriousness - if I had another spare exhaust I would send it to you for price of the postage. DRVK got my last one.

Comment

Was it aftermarket? If it was then I just got really sad inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                  Glad I could help!

I get all my inspiration from this guy.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2010/05/2...-in-the-frame/
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It was a Scorpion

Honestly though - why do you want a slip-on? They'll give you a different engine note, and look different, but they won't really give you much more power or anything.

Maybe best use those funds to get your bike running perfectly as it is, without adding more expensive variables.

Comment

A Kat rider in my area has a Scorpion on his bike and it sounds sick. But the only thing that's wrong with my bike is the choke and I already ordered the cable for it. I'm not looking for more power, just a different sound.

Comment

I have a Vince and Hines SS slip on for sale but it's only the midpipe and can. Your could fab something up to meet your stock header for it to work. PM me if ur interested.
                        1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                        fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                        55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                        R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                        Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
                          I have a Vince and Hines SS slip on for sale but it's only the midpipe and can. Your could fab something up to meet your stock header for it to work. PM me if ur interested.
                          I'm not good at fab, but is that your Katana in your picture? If so it looks sick!

Comment

Well it was before I crashed it lol.
                            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                              It was a Scorpion

Honestly though - why do you want a slip-on? They'll give you a different engine note, and look different, but they won't really give you much more power or anything.

Maybe best use those funds to get your bike running perfectly as it is, without adding more expensive variables.
                              yeah, just the look n the sound. That's all.
                              oh yeah, one more thing, your mpg will decrease

You might be interested in this exhaust
                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDOrulcDkw"]Katana short exhaust idle - YouTube[/ame]

but it cost like $60 on ebay + need to rejet your carbs, I believe.
                              Or go buy exhaust tip got the same bent like that exhaust at Autozone and DIY baffle. That was what I'm about to to do before I got the exhaust from Stumpy.

Comment

Working...
                              X