Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Red manifold pipe on 1990 katana 750 help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red manifold pipe on 1990 katana 750 help?

I just bought a 1990 Katana 750. Needs work and paint etc. The second pipe coming out of engine on left leg side is glowing red shortly after start up. The bike was sitting for a while. Not sure how long. Did I get ripped off and what is the issue and how do I fix it?

Someone please help!! Have an amazing night!!! -Bill

fuel or valve issue. does it run well, no misses, sputtering, bogging or hanging idle? is it on the noisy side, or real quiet on the top end, should hear some valve noises. Possible burnt valve or miss adjusted exhaust valve. do a compression test to verify my thoughts.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-16-2013, 08:34 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Maybe just a dirty (ok, really, really filthy) carb making it run real lean? Would that be enough to cause that?

Comment

Never seen a lean motor cause a glowing header, although possible if run long enough. A restriction would or a leaking exhaust valve would.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X