X

looking for an exhaust can and midpipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for an exhaust can and midpipe

To make a long story short my exhaust lost its battle with the semi travelling behind me when it decided that it no longer wanted to roll with Suzi and I. I've check out some replacements but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment. My question is if any members have a can and midpipe laying around that they may be willing to part with for a reasonable price. I'm just looking for something to use until I save up the money for a replacement. I hate riding in cars but I have read that its not a very good idea to run a bike without an exhaust...not to mention there unbearably loud. Thanks for any responses.

i have a post stock exhaust available...anyone know if this is compatible for him?

Comment

It will fit but, he'll need a post oil pan and pump to fit with proper clearances.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Would I need to swap the oil pan even if I'm only needing to replace the muffler and midpipe? My headers are still in place.

Comment

Pre 98 stock headers are 4 into 2. If you want to swap to a 4 into 1 exhaust, you need a header too.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            Pre 98 stock headers are 4 into 2. If you want to swap to a 4 into 1 exhaust, you need a header too.
            If his profile picture is his bike then he already has a 4 into 1.
            First motorcycle - new project
            1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

You could bolt up a stock 98+ can.
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

My apologies...I need to work on being more specific. My headers are already swapped to a four in one. With this being the case would it be fine to just use the post midpipe and can that 06kat06g6 is offering?

Comment

Yes, understand that the stock can is one piece, not two.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thomasas99 View Post
                    My apologies...I need to work on being more specific. My headers are already swapped to a four in one. With this being the case would it be fine to just use the post midpipe and can that 06kat06g6 is offering?
                    Originally posted by steves View Post
                    Yes, understand that the stock can is one piece, not two.
                    Different brand headers may not match mid pipes... so keep that in mind. It can be made to use with some modifications for example; a V&H 4-1 Header won't match anything on the Post Mid-pipe for mounting with out mods.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X