X

Pre slider idea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre slider idea

Saw this on Craigslist and thought it was an interesting way of doing the sliders on a Pre. Seems like it could look better with a tighter fitting round hole but still not too bad.

[IMG][/IMG]

That's a fairly common way, but most I've seen made the hole small and round instead of a gaping cut out like that.

As for the bike... there is a whole lot of fail going on there anyways... A pre tail light stuffed into the back of a 750? Really?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Dont forget the sweet gsxr sticker!
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

good idea, poor execution, I just don't get peoples thoughts on mods, hacking up a bike for improvement, isn't improvement, or the want to be GSXR (not even close to one), or should I say THE KATANA GSXF, IS NOT A SS BIKE DAMN IT!!! I feel better. I would like to see the tail light mod, how did they mount it?
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-28-2013, 02:42 PM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          good idea, poor execution, I just don't get peoples thoughts on mods, hacking up a bike for improvement, isn't improvement, or the want to be GSXR (not even close to one), or should I say THE KATANA GSXF, IS NOT A SS BIKE DAMN IT!!! I feel better. I would like to see the tail light mod, how did they mount it?
          Agree if you want a gsxr buy a gsxr. Dont fake it. Im also interested in the tail light mod. Im more so interested in the frame slider itself. What is it attached to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jreid843 View Post
            Agree if you want a gsxr buy a gsxr. Dont fake it. Im also interested in the tail light mod. Im more so interested in the frame slider itself. What is it attached to?

The "tail light mod" was simply purchasing a pre 600 light and bracket. The bracket just bolts to the tail frame at mostly the same points as the under tail fender. Then it looks as though that bike owner trimmed/cut the tail fairings to give them a last minute reshaping so they follow the lines on the tail light at the very last min. I think it look horrible, and if you want a 600 tail... then do a 600 tail. You don't see fail from the sides, but a close up look you would see. That said, I did the full tail swap on my 750 (see my sig for links).

The frame slider is attached to the frame. The kat frame has the main portion that comes down to where the lower cradle attaches too. This mod generally has someone drill a hole through the center of that, and use that to directly bolt the slider to it.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              The "tail light mod" was simply purchasing a pre 600 light and bracket. The bracket just bolts to the tail frame at mostly the same points as the under tail fender. Then it looks as though that bike owner trimmed/cut the tail fairings to give them a last minute reshaping so they follow the lines on the tail light at the very last min. I think it look horrible, and if you want a 600 tail... then do a 600 tail. You don't see fail from the sides, but a close up look you would see. That said, I did the full tail swap on my 750 (see my sig for links).

The frame slider is attached to the frame. The kat frame has the main portion that comes down to where the lower cradle attaches too. This mod generally has someone drill a hole through the center of that, and use that to directly bolt the slider to it.

Krey

Cool info. I have a 600 and currently painting it. I would love to add frame sliders to it.

Comment

Working...
              X