X

OMG...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG...

Most definitely NOT mine... Why do people do this?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/3923190293.html

I guess it STARTED life as a Katana.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Right arm!:bunny2

What's the biggest size back tire I can put on a Katana, and where do I find a toilet vent pipe like that one?
      Last edited by zuma; 07-13-2013, 07:41 AM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

My guess is he's selling it 'cos it rides like shit - if in fact it's ride-able at all. Not much ground clearance. $8500 sounds like a bargain for a fucked-up ugly bike with a rain gauge as an exhaust.
        Last edited by TRPUT; 07-13-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

That's 1 ugly bike . To me it looks like someone had an idea in there head that really never made it to the real world.
          Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Comment

Haha I think it's interesting! Alot of craftsmanship but
            Again practical not really. Def unique for like bike shows. But hey up side u can get to the carbs and stuff without doing anything!
            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

While I like the colour, and appreciate the work involved - that looks like prime material for the crusher. $8500? Having a laugh!

Comment

While I can appreciate the amount of work and time involved.. beauty is, after all, is in the eye of the beholder. I personally would douse it with a can of gas and put a match to it... What cracks me up is guy dump a ton of cash into a custom bike and then think they can make all their money back when they try and sell it.. once you go that custom.. it's yours.. it'll never sell.
                http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Great craftsmanship, functionality gone, price too high for a parts bike. Unfortunately, he will drop his price and some fool will buy it, only to end up either using it as a show piece, crashing it, parting it out or using it for parts.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Also - I'm not familiar with that brand of tyre - but the front looks like it's mounted the wrong way round. What gives there?

Comment

It's the correct direction, your front tread is opposite the rear.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The custom "fender mod" they did putting it on backwards makes it look odd to you.

Personally... I like it, for a fighter.

I mean... really, THATS a fighter... not just some bike with the fairing left off. It not only looks like a fighter, but I bet it puts up a hell of a fight to ride it too!

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

When I look at it I try and picture what kind of lean angle you might get with that frame...

I envision about a 50 turning circle.

Comment

I could see some major back pains from trying to sit in that seat to long

Comment

I agree with the craftmanship and the design idea. It is a garage queen and bike night bike at best. I doubt he even jetted the carbs and you know it sounds like crap, I don't get the 1976 front end. The tire is backwards along with the chain adjusters and the big one for me is NO rearbrake pedal????
                              Ride, Restore,Repeat
                              1992 Kat 750 barn find

Comment

Working...
                              X