X

no can on katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no can on katana

has anyone taken the can off of their exhaust and just drove it like that? i took mine off this week and love the sound. i put the can back on and it was so quiet that i had to take it back off. are there any negative side effects to riding without the can?

Besides cooking the lower cushion pivot? And lower back pressure which will kill lowend tq.

Depends on your exhaust can, which was? Stock? With my V&H SS it sounded good but its even better now with no can, but my exhaust runs through a turbo which acts like a muffler sorta but its def throatier than the V&H can. I would suggest an aftermarket can or a custom exhaust with a car glass pack type muffler on it, very little sound deadening and it would slip over the stock exhaust pipe if u cut the can off. Main thing is noise, the hot exhaust cooking something and too low of back pressure. You don't want no back pressure but less is better unless you want alittle more to boost low end tq but will hurt ur upper rpm power alittle.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

i had a vance and hines ss2r pipe on. Before i took the can off, i thought the v&h sounded good, but once it was off, its like there was no turning back.

Comment

and whats a cushion pivot?

Comment

Without going into gross details, I was forced to ride my 06 750 about 13 miles with no mid-pipe or can (like you now have yours) and it was horrific, obnoxious and just plain rude.

Put your damn can back on. You want good sound, buy a D&D slip on...but for Gods sake, dont run with no exhaust.
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Dwatkins View Post
            and whats a cushion pivot?
            pivot for the rear shock (part that connects the dog bones on the swingarm to the pivot and the frame.

Mine honestly is prob just alittle loud for my tastes mostly between 4-8K when the tone is different, but it sounds good below and above (high throttle and quick revs).

I would put something on.
            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

put the can back on...you won't keep proper backpressure in the system without it, and although it sounds good to you on the bike, it most certainly annoys the hell out of everyone around you.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

No can is socially and mechanically irresponsible.

Comment

D&D for noise
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

This is more of a spring question than end of summer...
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X