X

Just installed my new air horn on my kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed my new air horn on my kat

So this weekend I installed my new air horn on my bike. I found wolo mad max horn which was a step above the wolo bad boy horn.

First thing I had to do was find a location to mount it. The stock location above the oil radiator wouldn't work because of the size of the horn. Finally I decided to mount it under the bike "dashboard" which would allow it to be out of site except for a bolt that I would have to drill through the plastic

I added an inline fuse and used the supplied relay.

The stock horn wires were too small to to handle the power needed. So I added 16 gauge wire as per the directions.

I installed all the body work and all you can see is the bolt through the plastic

Give the horn button a push and I promise you will scare the crap outta women children and bad drivers!! It's loud!! Ill try to get an audio clip when I get a chance. I've actually contemplated putting a second horn on the other side. Not that it needs it but my god it's fun to blast that thing!!

I'm sure it sounds great - but I'd be a little worried about the mounting.

That plastic instrument surround is really not too sturdy - a couple of speed bumps or rail tracks might end up cracking it.

Maybe fab up a bracket to attach to the frame?

Comment

I used a couple of fender washers backed with rubber washers. It isn't the most ideal because of weight and vibration but I didn't have time to fab up a bracket. ill let you guys know how it holds up. I also padded the underside with foam so there would be no vibration between the plastic and the horn.

Comment

tempting idea this louder horn....
        I'm outa here

Comment

I had one and can attest to how loud they are
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Here is the YouTube video of my horn

Comment

Working...
            X