X

Two Brothers M-2 VALE Slip-On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Brothers M-2 VALE Slip-On

So I am looking for a new slip-on carbon fiber exhaust for my '03 katana. I've heard two brothers is a great brand and I think I'm going to go with that brand.

Has anyone used this exhaust or heard anything about it? My only concern is it's like $100 less than most two brother exhausts I see. If it will be way better for me to spend the extra $100 on a different model, I would do that.

Here's the one I'm thinking about... any tips, ideas, anything is welcome!!
    - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

I've bought the two brothers slip on for both my ZZR 600 and my ninja 500. I also bought the "power tip" as well. Both were the polished aluminum cans... 5 stars!

Comment

I posted in CB but you left already. M2 is smaller version really hence price diff. M5 is a bit larger for throatier growl.

I have 2 bros on my 675 right now without the baffle and love it. For extended rides I might throw the baffle back in but since she is track only now the baffle stays out.

Only issue is the install. Their sling bracket and mid pipe connection method make it difficult to get the exhaust perfectly level.
      I am a Penn State fanatic.
      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Thanks for info! I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these today. Guy has them on ebay for a little less with option to make offer.

Also... This type of exhaust doesn't require any time of jetting or carb tuning to have it function? I know it would help, but it's not going to do any harm to not have it jetted with the new exhaust?
        - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

look up biohazard on ebay and look at his store. He typically sells for less then retail on these.

I have it on a 675 but I never jetted my kat with my slip on either.

Comment

So I just found the m-5 version for over $100 less than the m-2.
            http://www.revzilla.com/product/two-...d=scsho1557523

Anyone see any reason why I should go with the m-2 instead of this? The price on the link above is not less, but that model is on ebay for $319 with free shipping.
            - Josh

Comment

This is the one on ebay that I am about to pull the trigger on, unless anyone has reason to say otherwise... its a two brothers carbon fiber m-5 for $320 with free shipping. almost seems to good to be true compared to other pricing.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Two-Brot...-/251282802442
              - Josh

Comment

Confirmed I have M5 and I have also ordered from JC before for my SV1K. Go for it.

Comment

Thanks! Ordering now. As soon as a member he tells me somethings good I know I won't be disappointed. LOVE my trex bars I ordered last week!
                  - Josh

Comment

You'll love it. I have the same one on mine and I love the sound. However mine is the polished can. Enjoy.

Comment

It's arriving today! So excited. I have tomorrow off to install it and finish plasti dipping my bike!!!!
                      - Josh

Comment

I'm excited to see how hard the installation of the M5 is.

Please keep us posted on results/triumphs/defeats with this install.

I'd like to do the exact same on my bike to give it a louder, throatier sound.

Edit: possibly post a YouTube video when you're done to see what it sounds like?
                        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                        - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                          I'm excited to see how hard the installation of the M5 is.

Please keep us posted on results/triumphs/defeats with this install.

I'd like to do the exact same on my bike to give it a louder, throatier sound.

Edit: possibly post a YouTube video when you're done to see what it sounds like?
                          Just for you buddy, I'll do a before and after youtube video showing the sound. Also I'll do a little tutorial on the installation, it's easy as hell!
                          - Josh

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
                            Just for you buddy, I'll do a before and after youtube video showing the sound. Also I'll do a little tutorial on the installation, it's easy as hell!
                            Awesome!!

Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

It's not the installing of the pipe I'm worried about. It's the installing + getting it correct that bothers me.

I don't want to have to change a bunch of stuff on my bike after its ordered and installed. However, I was planning on doing a jet kit some time in the future, so I might eat my own words.
                            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                            - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                              Awesome!!

Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

It's not the installing of the pipe I'm worried about. It's the installing + getting it correct that bothers me.

I don't want to have to change a bunch of stuff on my bike after its ordered and installed. However, I was planning on doing a jet kit some time in the future, so I might eat my own words.
                              That is why I got this slip-on one. All I have to do is unbolt the stock one and slip this one on. Already fit for the bike and doesn't require and tuning or changing besides bolting it on.
                              - Josh

Comment

Working...
                              X