X

stock exhaust mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock exhaust mount

Hello everybody.. i just replaced my stock 97 exhaust with the 98+ 4-1 and 98+oil pan and pickup. I need to know if i make bracket for the extra two inches on the stock mounting will it move?.Im worried that the exhaust will move around to much so is this been a problem with anyone else ?

Originally posted by bspit24 View Post
    Hello everybody.. i just replaced my stock 97 exhaust with the 98+ 4-1 and 98+oil pan and pickup. I need to know if i make bracket for the extra two inches on the stock mounting will it move?.Im worried that the exhaust will move around to much so is this been a problem with anyone else ?
    If you make a reasonably sturdy bracket, there should be no issue.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i have some 1/4 steel i was going to use. im just worried about it pivoting on the two bolts

Comment

Originally posted by bspit24 View Post
        i have some 1/4 steel i was going to use. im just worried about it pivoting on the two bolts

Once mounted up, it really shouldn't move at all. The can mounting point is more about holding it up, than holding it on. 1/4" steel would honestly be significantly more than you really need, so that should be no problem at all.

As a design you could probably make the bracket have a flat edge that sits butted against the can when mounted. This would make the extra bracket not able to flex/move at all and keep it's "angle" back towards the frame mounting point.

I think once you find that it's mounted though, it won't move much at all.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Once mounted up, it really shouldn't move at all. The can mounting point is more about holding it up, than holding it on. 1/4" steel would honestly be significantly more than you really need, so that should be no problem at all.

As a design you could probably make the bracket have a flat edge that sits butted against the can when mounted. This would make the extra bracket not able to flex/move at all and keep it's "angle" back towards the frame mounting point.

I think once you find that it's mounted though, it won't move much at all.

Krey
          lol yeah i know 1/4 inch is almost over kill but i have plenty of it from previous projects. I also thought about the flat edge design so it would have something to rest on.

i kind of figured it wouldnt move but being that im pretty new to modifications i would rather ask and get advice from someone with more experience by the way thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X