Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Competition Werkes Aftermarket pegs for pre?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition Werkes Aftermarket pegs for pre?

Hi all, have a 95 katana have searched the site quite a bit on aftermarket footpegs. I'm sold on getting some competition werkes pegs, was wondering if anyone on here had them on a pre katana? I'm concerned on if they will fit up to the stock mounting locations and also if the front pegs are any different than the rears? Here's a link, thanks in advance...

http://www.competitionwerkes.com/Uni...-gp-footpegs-3

Also, has anyone just taken the rubber off their stock footpegs? I have heard of people doing that then repainting them, anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

Very good ? +1

Comment

You can remove the rubber from the pegs, takes some work but it can be done. if you paint them use alot of clear or paint, your feet will wear through pretty quick. there is a supplier that sells after market katana pegs but, they are way more than other after market pegs, the front pegs are spring loaded for safety, you can swap pegs though, I have done it by mistake,
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          You can remove the rubber from the pegs, takes some work but it can be done. if you paint them use alot of clear or paint, your feet will wear through pretty quick. there is a supplier that sells after market katana pegs but, they are way more than other after market pegs, the front pegs are spring loaded for safety, you can swap pegs though, I have done it by mistake,
          what do u think about powder coating the stock pegs after taking off the rubber? Think that would work? I have a friend who could do that for me.

Comment

My 96 600 has CW pegs front and back. They were there when I got it and I've never taken them off so I'm not 100% sure on your question of the front being different from the back, but I'm 95% sure they are the same. Yes they do mount in the stock location.

We have some stock pegs in the garage somewhere that the rubber part has fallen off. They look dumb IMO and they along with the CW pegs do transmit more vibration to your feet, so that's something to keep in mind.
            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

if your bike is a 750 they are the same front and back (not sure about 600?). i had a set (not Comp werkes brand but the same pegs) you have to switch the spring and bracket from your old pegs to the new ones as they dont come with them. if your doing the rear as well you will have to drill them out a little for the spring and ball bearing to go inside it (its already drilled a little you just have to go a 1/4" +/- further). other then that they basically bolt right on. just remeber to give them lots of greese when installing or they wont move next month
              Last edited by boomer_95; 04-03-2013, 06:24 AM.
              if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Awesome info, appreciate it guys.

Comment

they will work with little machining, i have cw pegs front and back on my 89 kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by 92yellowkat 600 View Post
                    they will work with little machining, i have cw pegs front and back on my 89 kat 600
                    Thank you!

Comment

Find rear sets from a 900rr. They bolt right on and look 100000000x better than stock. If you find my thread in the streetfighter section there is a pic of them on the bike. I might have a set for sale soon actually I just fit a set of Sako rearsets from an 08 gsxr 1000

Comment

My kat didnt have most of the rubber so I hit em with a small wire wheel on a drill after I peeled the chunks off then sprayed em black an hit em with a wire wheel again so only the crevices are black.
                        As for the vibration, ive ridden with regular work boots, my Alpinestars an winter boots (NOT a good idea) and never had a single thought or problem with vibration.
                        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                          My kat didnt have most of the rubber so I hit em with a small wire wheel on a drill after I peeled the chunks off then sprayed em black an hit em with a wire wheel again so only the crevices are black.
                          As for the vibration, ive ridden with regular work boots, my Alpinestars an winter boots (NOT a good idea) and never had a single thought or problem with vibration.
                          Thanks for the incite, my feet already tingle as is with my stock pegs so I'm not too worried about it, doesn't bother me much.

Comment

If an when you get new pegs post some pics, I like the blue ones in the link you shared
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                              If an when you get new pegs post some pics, I like the blue ones in the link you shared
                              Will do, I just ordered some red ones just now, along with some new handle grips.

Comment

Working...
                              X