Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Omg not another mesh mod!! And LEDs too!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg not another mesh mod!! And LEDs too!

So I just bought all my mesh this morning and have had the LEDs waiting for the weather to get warmer to fit them and while the pannels are off why not kill two birds with one stone eh?

Last edited by 600katrider; 03-14-2013, 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Getting those fairings off at a pain in the ass!! Was going okay until I hit those 2 bolts right under the headlight, turned out the last owner rounded both of them off!! Got there in the end

I knew it would happen at some point!!

All cut and shaped not time to mix the body filler and stick it on

Last edited by 600katrider; 03-14-2013, 07:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

There we go everything is finished and back on the bike!! Not just got to wait till its dark and I will get a pic

Comment

So these are the LED connectors I used just simply expose the copper plates on the LEDs and then push them into this puts some silicone on and the close who said this was hard eh?

Lights on

Lights off

It looks a mess but atlease I know everything is gonna stay in place and who sees this side anyway?

I think it has a nice glow don't ya think? Not 100% complete yet need to put some LEDs on my belly pan to light up the front wheel but still looks pretty awesome to me!

images
        Last edited by 600katrider; 03-14-2013, 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yea that looks pretty kickass!

So the led strips cuts to custom length? got a link?
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
            yea that looks pretty kickass!

So the led strips cuts to custom length? got a link?
            Yeah I think it's every 3 LEDs there are 2 little copper plates which you can cut across then either solder wires the the copper plates or use some of those clips I bought which again were from eBay but don't have link as my dad got em :/

Comment

I like
              Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
                I like
                Cheers it's always a good thing when people compliment your ride XD

Comment

Looks good, I think you inspired me to try and do the mesh mod this weekend! I think ill paint the mesh black though. LEDs look cool too btw

Comment

The mesh I like and will be doing to my Kat, the Led's I'm not so sure about - reminds me of the Tron film bikes, a bit too blingy for me and would be sure to attract the attention of the local constabulary - for me, stealth is best

Nice work though Engelskmannen.
                    Carpe Jugulum...
                    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Ey I don't plan on using them for riding around so much just at the bike meets and stuff like that the mesh is actually pretty easy to do too, well worth it, I think the mesh cost me about £12 and already had the body filler. To anyone using body filler I would suggest giving the back of the fairing were the mesh goes a quick sanding down just to create a ruffer surface for the body filler to stick to.

Comment

Lookin' good mate - very blue!

I'm gona go the mesh route as well but I'll use grey to go with the belly pan, wheels etc. It's a pity that I can't buy black LEDs to suit my black bike but that's technology for you...
                        I don't know what I want but I know how to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brocher View Post
                          Lookin' good mate - very blue!

I'm gona go the mesh route as well but I'll use grey to go with the belly pan, wheels etc. It's a pity that I can't buy black LEDs to suit my black bike but that's technology for you...
                          A nice red set of LEDs would look good?

Comment

try Green leds on black.....
                            I'm outa here

Comment

Looks good
                              2002 750 Kat
                              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)