Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Stick it out Pre-dual? or Go post-single? ('95)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick it out Pre-dual? or Go post-single? ('95)

Let's say theoretically I was made of money...

Would a dual D&D (I want the that sound) make a better sound from my current 4-2 exhaust? Or would there be a greater flow(sound) in a single D&D on a 4-1 if I went "postal" and switched my belly pan and so-on...?

Also, Are there any post-katters out there with a belly-pan they're trying to get rid of? haha
    Last edited by big.superman; 03-12-2013, 04:27 PM. Reason: omitted something

Funny thing this question as I asked my self the same thing My post has only one but i've always liked twins. I think single was a money and weight saver than a power thought.
    So I think twin looks and will sound better.....IMHO!
    I'm outa here

Comment

Well... you lost me at the "D&D sound"... I mean, if your just wanting as loud and obnoxious as possible which is how most people describe D&D... Consider any shorty or even drag tips.

Aftermarket headers will give you a much better flow for the pre. Combined with a proper jet kit and gsxr cams, you can get a better performance too.

If it was me... I would strongly suggest you consider sound quality, not volume. There are several options out there with much better tones to the sound of the exhaust. If you want them loud, you just rev higher rpms.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by big.superman View Post
        dual D&D (I want that sound)
        Just buy a Harley.

Comment

If you want the d&d sound just eat a lot of Mexican food and record your bathroom the next day.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

IMO if you want more sound and dual tips i would do aftermarket headers an make a split to your desired cans or modify cans to your stock exhaust. Either way your gonna have to fine tune.
            I liked the dual setup as well but since I got my V&H Supersport I dont miss it lol for the price its a noticeable change in sound and feel.
            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Well... you lost me at the "D&D sound"... I mean, if your just wanting as loud and obnoxious as possible which is how most people describe D&D... Consider any shorty or even drag tips.

Aftermarket headers will give you a much better flow for the pre. Combined with a proper jet kit and gsxr cams, you can get a better performance too.

If it was me... I would strongly suggest you consider sound quality, not volume. There are several options out there with much better tones to the sound of the exhaust. If you want them loud, you just rev higher rpms.

Krey
              haha Ya, well for now I'm young, dumb, and full of ... yea. And D&D sounds good to me. (Yes, I rocked true-dual glasspacks in highschool)

All the information about the gxsr cams and what not is super interesting though. Looks like I'll be doing a little more then I thought haha

Comment

I have a post 600 and I modified my d&d to a 6" shorty pipe. I highly recommend it the sound is very nice

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  If you want the d&d sound just eat a lot of Mexican food and record your bathroom the next day.
                  Ha ha! Concerto on the Thunder Pail, second movement!

Comment

Working...
                  X