X

2001 Kat 750 motor price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Kat 750 motor price

Thinking of doing a 750 swap next season but might be picking The motor soon. It's a 2001 Kat 750 complete with carbs and cooler and header motor has 11,000 miles. He's asking 750$ if I pick it up. It's 3 hrs away.

Just want to know if its a good price.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
    Thinking of doing a 750 swap next season but might be picking The motor soon. It's a 2001 Kat 750 complete with carbs and cooler and header motor has 11,000 miles. He's asking 750$ if I pick it up. It's 3 hrs away.

Just want to know if its a good price.
    Your milage may vary, but I'd not pay more than 300 for a complete engine.

But then, the last 5 kats (full complete bikes with good engines) I've purchased was for max $400.

On those same lines, I have a pre 750 engine(bit more performance oriented version by a hair) sitting in my garage right now that was just sold for $250.

But... again... if your set on it, and want it with all that's attatched to it... then it might be worth it.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Long time listener, first time caller (for awhile)

Sold my post 750 motor for $250 as well. Didn't include carbs. If you want another reference point...
      -2000 "750"

Comment

Thanks guys. I see them on eBay for like 500 plus shipping which is always like 200$ or more. I think $750 is high too. But he thinks its bc it only has 11,000 miles that its worth that much.

Comment

I paid 200 for my 600 motor that hadn't run in quite a while. I think 750 is a pinch more than id wanna pay, but on the bright side you don't have to hunt down carbs an header . I would definitely make sure it turns over good, bring a 12 bolt battery n cables to hook to the starter for a second to hear it turn.

Also, there's a reason why it's being parted. I would ask that reason and if it seems fishy cut bait and move to a new fishing hole
          Last edited by crazycraven420; 02-20-2013, 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Prob not going to get the 750. Price just seems to high! The 600 carbs will work on a 750 ill just loose a smudge of the upper rpms but gain low and midrange tq which is good for me!

Or spend 800$ on a turbo!
            For the wow factor!

Comment

Prob not going to get the 750. Price just seems to high! The 600 carbs will work on a 750 ill just loose a smudge of the upper rpms but gain low and midrange tq which is good for me!

Or spend 800$ on a turbo!
              For the wow factor!
              Just a quick example of why I wouldn't pay that much for just engine...

And that's not including all the listings I saw for 750 bikes/engines that you missed and have since been deleted but ... the title still showed up in my search.

FYI... www.searchtempest.com helps to simplify your search a bit.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It's for sale because I just dont need the motor for what I'm doing any more. I dismantled the bike to clean it up and paint it and mod it, but I'd rather work on my chop this year, so the Katana takes the back burner and will get a better engine this year.

It actually has, IIRC, about 9800 miles on it, but I just put less than 11k because I don't really remember. I wasn't gona come any lower than that price because frankly, I'd rather sell the whole kit with the wiring harness and all at the same time. I really don't like to waste my time parting out small stuff, especially on fairly unpopular bikes that I end up sitting on small parts like wiring and electrics, etc forever. The price for everything [motor/carbs/airbox/wiring/exhaust/electrics/gauges] was $800 OBO. and probably includes a barely used AGM Katana battery unless I find another use for it before someone buys the stuff.
                Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

$300 for engine and all parts it needs, not a dollar more. Engines and parts bikes are a dime a dozen.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I found a 1989 750 complete bike with 34,000 on it. Got the guy h
                    At 500$. He doesn't kno anything about the bike or knowledge of bikes in general. So I Dnt trust/believe him. There was a fire under the tank he says from the fuel petcock leaking on a bad electrical connection. Some stuff was burnt but the wiring harness was a mess... I'm surprise there wasn't a fire before. The guy before him had the harness in peices with open connections everywhere.

Carbs had some issues... He said he messed with them to get it to run better. #3 carb plastic top had a screw in the sync port and the plastic nipple for the sync was broken off. And a melt spot on the same one. He pulled the rubber bushings off the needles "to make it idle better" I asked him who told u that Nd he said "the Internet" lol so he's clueless. The the clutch seemed alittle weird when he was trying to move the bike like the gears weren't disengaging. And the guy modified the wiring harness to allow him to crank the bike without compressing the clutch.... Oh god.

Motor did turn over but did not run, exhaust was dual but modified with mufflers cut off with dumps. And it did have new battlax tires installed. The valve covers have been off as there was rtv around the valve cover bolts and he put it
                    Around the cArb to air cleaner boots.

What do you guys think? Bike is complete with plastics off and turns over but the carbs are a mess! Would u pay 500$ for this bike to just use the motor and carbs?

Comment

I found a 1989 750 complete bike with 34,000 on it. Got the guy h
                      At 500$. He doesn't kno anything about the bike or knowledge of bikes in general. So I Dnt trust/believe him. There was a fire under the tank he says from the fuel petcock leaking on a bad electrical connection. Some stuff was burnt but the wiring harness was a mess... I'm surprise there wasn't a fire before. The guy before him had the harness in peices with open connections everywhere.

Carbs had some issues... He said he messed with them to get it to run better. #3 carb plastic top had a screw in the sync port and the plastic nipple for the sync was broken off. And a melt spot on the same one. He pulled the rubber bushings off the needles "to make it idle better" I asked him who told u that Nd he said "the Internet" lol so he's clueless. The the clutch seemed alittle weird when he was trying to move the bike like the gears weren't disengaging. And the guy modified the wiring harness to allow him to crank the bike without compressing the clutch.... Oh god.

Motor did turn over but did not run, exhaust was dual but modified with mufflers cut off with dumps. And it did have new battlax tires installed. The valve covers have been off as there was rtv around the valve cover bolts and he put it
                      Around the cArb to air cleaner boots.

What do you guys think? Bike is complete with plastics off and turns over but the carbs are a mess! Would u pay 500$ for this bike to just use the motor and carbs?
                      That sounds just like a local bike that's a 600 that is for sale/trade...

If that one is anywhere near as bad as this one... definatley not.

I guess it really depends on how fast you want the engine. I'd probably wait a bit longer and see what else comes along.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        That sounds just like a local bike that's a 600 that is for sale/trade...

If that one is anywhere near as bad as this one... definatley not.

I guess it really depends on how fast you want the engine. I'd probably wait a bit longer and see what else comes along.

Krey
                        haha it wasnt that bad! the bike was a damn mess tho! Its a shame. the guys cut up the harness to install LED lights all over and turned the bike into a mess.

I think Im going to walk away, Honestly 500$ could get me a T15 or T25 turbo and some other goodies No reason to swap to a 750 then!

Comment

Working...
                        X