X

power commander or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power commander or not?

So hi all! I have been thinking I'm a novice Ryder, I have rode before I'm ok, just never had my own 2 wheeler. I have had quads and 3 wheelers. So I have been thinking should I put on a power commander. My bike is a 600 katana 06. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by beast_ryder View Post
    So hi all! I have been thinking I'm a novice Ryder, I have rode before I'm ok, just never had my own 2 wheeler. I have had quads and 3 wheelers. So I have been thinking should I put on a power commander. My bike is a 600 katana 06. Thanks in advance

The name "power commander" is for a product made for Fuel Injected bikes. Your bike is carbed, so that specific product isn't going to help (unless there were some major mods you havn't shared...)

There are aftermarket spark controlers you could use, but they only give you versatility in adjusting the advance curve of the spark, not really an improvement for a stock engine.

Your better off with just a jetkit (factory pro is my recomendation stage 1), and maybe some other considerations like good sounding exhaust, shift indent spring kit, and ignition advancer. If after that you want more top end, gsxr cams are a consideration. Always keep the factory airbox and equiv air filter... never a "high flow" filter.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Oh dear, PC is for fuel injected bikes.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
      X