X

exhaust information!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust information!

hey guys i have a 94 katana 600 and right now i have the 4-2 stock dual exhaust...and so far ive only found 1 place that has a full exhaust system thats 4-1 and thats a vance n hines from dennis kirk. i dont really like the sound of it, im more of a yoshi type of person for sound. any ideas?

You can switch to a 98-06 oil pan and oil pick up along with a 98-06 header and than you can use any slip on you choose.

Comment

Purchase a 4-1 header and an exhaust can you do like the sound of, have a custom mid pipe made to match them together... About as cost effective as swapping in the post exhaust.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No love for the Vance an Hines? I love mine, looks great, brings the headers a lil closer together away from the belly plastics. I understand if you like that distinct Yoshi sound but I'm very happy with my V&H supersport (not SS2-R). It's a bit louder from idle to 6k rpm, noticable but not obnoxious. That's exactly what I wanted, and in the higher rpm it's a little louder than stock but not as noticeable as the low rpm range. Overall it sounds more like a streetbike and less like a choking kat . Also the price is pretty unbeatable for a whole exhaust, comparing the V&H Supersport vs. Yoshi slip on (my buddys gsxr)
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
          No love for the Vance an Hines? I love mine, looks great, brings the headers a lil closer together away from the belly plastics. I understand if you like that distinct Yoshi sound but I'm very happy with my V&H supersport (not SS2-R). It's a bit louder from idle to 6k rpm, noticable but not obnoxious. That's exactly what I wanted, and in the higher rpm it's a little louder than stock but not as noticeable as the low rpm range. Overall it sounds more like a streetbike and less like a choking kat . Also the price is pretty unbeatable for a whole exhaust, comparing the V&H Supersport vs. Yoshi slip on (my buddys gsxr)
          The SS sounds like an angry bee compared to the some of the awesome sounding exhausts out there.

Scorpian or Micron cans for example are worlds of difference in sound quality and tone.

krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

choice in exhaust sound is like taste in women...we all have our own haha.

Maybe it's just the fact I've been running stock so long that this was a very pleasurable change

Comment

is it actually worth doing the oil pan swap or should i just go with the v&h?

Comment

You have to decide the oil pan mod gives you options but if you can live with the v&h it will be less work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  The SS sounds like an angry bee compared to the some of the awesome sounding exhausts out there.

Scorpian or Micron cans for example are worlds of difference in sound quality and tone.

krey
                  Micron
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i got a 89 750f, does anyone know if i can use another header from another bike?

Comment

I have the V&H. I love it. I have had nothing but compliments on how it sounds from all my friends. And most of them run liter bikes so if they say it sounds nice I feel accomplished. They have the micron, D&D, AND YOSH systems on there bikes. My buddies gsxr 1000 with the micron is really quiet for an aftermarket exhaust.
                      Will Lemke (OOMPA)

Comment

Originally posted by ash768w View Post
                        i got a 89 750f, does anyone know if i can use another header from another bike?
                        There is a thread in one of these topics that list exhaust compatibility. You just gotta search it

Comment

I love my V&H supersport exhaust. Honestly the cost of slipons is scary! I'm an automotive muscle car gear head and looking at the slip one are basically straight shot mufflers with some baffling in an attractive case. I bet you guys 15$ that I could make a custom exhaust with a automotive glass pack muffler and it would be the same thing if not better. Prob would be alittle louder but hell my VH is pretty loud down low but that's what I like.

Oh and glass packs go for 15-75$ depending on the brand and some are SS. Take that overpriced slip ons!
                          1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                          fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                          55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                          R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                          Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Working...
                          X