X

Anyone changed there post 98's exhaust to a 4 into 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone changed there post 98's exhaust to a 4 into 2

Title say's it all, has anyone ever changed there exhaust to a dual 4:2 exhaust? I think the left side of the bike looks to Bare because you have so much bulk up front and on the right then nothin on the left. just wanna know your experience how you did it, what you had to do, how it looked/ performed!

Thanks in advance

You would be the first, why do you WANT dual exhaust?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      You would be the first, why do you WANT dual exhaust?
      No reason other than how they look, I think the left side of the swing arm is pretty bare plus I like hayabusa's with dual n I'm gonna try and make it into a mini busa.

Comment

How about leaving your exhaust as it is and have bracing welded on to the swingarm (be nice feature) would be less work than fitting duel cans and probably cheaper.
        Attached Files
        When I want your opinion I'll tell you it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jarvis View Post
          How about leaving your exhaust as it is and have bracing welded on to the swingarm (be nice feature) would be less work than fitting duel cans and probably cheaper.
          Bracing? Bracing for what? :s

Comment

use a pre exhaust or better sound, make your own setup
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Have to admit after riding my Kat, I'm kinda craving the hyabusa exhaust. Actually ran across one the other day. Seriously tempted to get it. Bike just seems so unbalanced appearance wise
              BDSCRPN

Comment

Originally posted by 600katrider View Post
                Bracing? Bracing for what? :s
                A brace on top of your spindly standard swingarm, take a look at the picture of the swingarm I attached to my 1st post.

You said the bike looks a little bare, so why not beef up your arm and not fit a pipe so everybody can see the bracing.

You could probably even fit the gsxr 750 srad arm with a few mods, give you the option of running a 5.5 rim with a 180 section rear tyre.

Comment

A brace on top of your spindly standard swingarm, take a look at the picture of the swingarm I attached to my 1st post.

You said the bike looks a little bare, so why not beef up your arm and not fit a pipe so everybody can see the bracing.

You could probably even fit the gsxr 750 srad arm with a few mods, give you the option of running a 5.5 rim with a 180 section rear tyre.
                  That sound good actually but I like miding haha so would probably still do the duel exhaust haha I am set on it now XD

Originally posted by BDSCRPN View Post
                  Have to admit after riding my Kat, I'm kinda craving the hyabusa exhaust. Actually ran across one the other day. Seriously tempted to get it. Bike just seems so unbalanced appearance wise
                  Yeah I seen a guy on YouTube and he has modded his katana to look exactly like a hayabusa looks like a baby version it's sweet but he never had the duel exhaust but that would of completed it!! It would transform the whole bike
                  Last edited by 600katrider; 12-26-2012, 06:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It all depends on how much you want to spend. By the time you finished properly modding a kat to look like your suggesting... you could buy a stock busa slightly used.

If you really want dual exhaust, then a couple of simple fab options could be done.

1. weld a matching steel round ring to the left rear peg just like your right for a mounting point (simple job for a local fab shop). Use duplicate hardware as the right side on your new mount.

2. use an exhaust Y pipe mounted at the collector on your current exhaust headers. Purchase a removed stock dual exhaust from any bike (works great, alot cheaper than buying aftermarket dual systems that would still need modified to fit) and well.. have a muffler shop make and modify a couple of short mid-pipes that will match between the dual exhaust and the Y pipe.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by 600katrider View Post
                      That sound good actually but I like miding haha so would probably still do the duel exhaust haha I am set on it now XD

Yeah I seen a guy on YouTube and he has modded his katana to look exactly like a hayabusa looks like a baby version it's sweet but he never had the duel exhaust but that would of completed it!! It would transform the whole bike
                      Post the link for the katbusa will you, not that I don't believe you, just like to see how it looks

Comment

I have a LV SBK Hayabusa 2-1 collector in my basement, could probably flip it around.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I did this back in 2001 or 2002 on my 2000 Kat. Used Cobra F1s slipons and dual exhaust from a pre Kat. Fabricated an exhaust bracket to match the factory one and welded it on. Forgot, also needed the pre Kat dual exhaust oil pan and pickup. No other mods, plastic and center stand still in place. Works great and putting this Kat back on the street soon.
                          Last edited by jpmustblaze; 11-06-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Hi, can anyone put some picture of post 98 katana with 4-2 exhaust? I'm also planing to do that on my bike, and I'm wondering how it's gonna look, and can't find any pictures online :/

Comment

How many mods? Is this pretty straight forward?

Comment

Working...
                              X