Duel exhaust conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duel exhaust conversion

Alright guys

So.. I have a 1998 gsx600fw and looking to convert my exhaust system too 4:2 instead on the stock 4:1 any idea's on how to do this? I can't find any 4:2 down pipes for my bike so thinking of getting them made but really don't know if I will be able too and if I do.. Would I need to balance my carb or take it to be dyno tested?
    And would it all be worth while?

All advise welcome

Cheers Tom

Originally posted by 600katrider View Post
    Alright guys

Ebay your best bet.

So.. I have a 1998 gsx600fw and looking to convert my exhaust system too 4:2 instead on the stock 4:1 any idea's on how to do this? I can't find any 4:2 down pipes for my bike so thinking of getting them made but really don't know if I will be able too and if I do.. Would I need to balance my carb or take it to be dyno tested?
    And would it all be worth while?

All advise welcome

Cheers Tom
    Some gsxr's had 4 -2, you would need to mod your belly pan for sure and I don't know if it would clear your sump pan but it would fit your exhaust mounts.

As for carb settings you'd have to test ride it and see how it ran and go from there.

Lot of work bud but hey
    When I want your opinion I'll tell you it!!!!!

Comment

Pre 98 4-2 stock exhaust with pre 98 oil pan and pick up should work IIRC.

Just remember you'll have to fab some mounts. I'd get an aftermarket 4-1 system for a pre 98, chop it after the collector and use a y pipe...
      Last edited by scottynoface; 12-23-2012, 02:00 PM.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

you can use a pre (89-97) stock setup
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Sounds interesting. I gotta find out. Post processing pictures, will you Tom ?

Comment

Originally posted by drvk View Post
            Sounds interesting. I gotta find out. Post processing pictures, will you Tom ?
            Yeah I will post up pictures of the progress when I start the project after Xmas, I know a welder who said he will be able to make me some so gonna get a quote and see what needs doing.

Comment

I away thought twins looks nicer than singles.I guess Suzy thought it was weight and cost over looks.....?
              I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by ManQu View Post
                I away thought twins looks nicer than singles.I guess Suzy thought it was weight and cost over looks.....?
                Well weight isn't really a problem it's not like I'm gonna race her or anything just road use so the speed she does is fine and cost is gonna be kept to a minimum. Should turn out okay the costly parts are the dyno test

Comment

Working...
                X