X

exhaust hiting center stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust hiting center stand

ok bought a center stand on eBay off a guy with all hardware for a katana but cant be put on because exhaust right in the way of the passenger side mount wonder if i have aftermark exhaust header becuase i bought it used im 3 rd owner and its got a jardine slip on
    Last edited by tbone5448; 10-23-2012, 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by tbone5448 View Post
    ok bought a center stand on eBay off a guy with all hardware for a katana but cant be put on because exhaust right in the way of the passenger side mount

To instal centerstands on kats, you will need to temp remove the exhaust, midpipe to can, for access to put the bolts in.

Also, before you go any further... is the centerstand a match for your bike (pre/post)?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

My Pre 600 had stock pipes and I did not have to totally remove them to install the center stand. I just needed to loosen the head bolts and remove the mounting bolt on the passenger side. As soon as the center stand was in place I just tightened the exhaust back up. The last thing I did was install the spring.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

its of a 2000 750 its cant be put on at all because where it all four header pipes y is were the passenger or right side mount is right where exhaust y i thinking of cutting all four tubes and shorting so it will fit

Comment

Originally posted by tbone5448 View Post
          its of a 2000 750 its cant be put on at all because where it all four header pipes y is were the passenger or right side mount is right where exhaust y i thinking of cutting all four tubes and shorting so it will fit

wha?

Got pics?

:

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

anybody no kind exhaust this is
            Last edited by tbone5448; 02-12-2013, 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it doesn't look like the stock headers.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

nope not stock.

on the bright side now you know why they removed the center stand...
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

See thats y my center stand didn't fit I might do some cutting welding thanks guy for the help

Comment

Why do you feel you need a centre-stand? If you're that serious about maintenance, then just get some spool stands. I would seriously say that you shouldn't fuck up the after-market exhaust the PO went through financially to put it on. Spool stands make more sense to me.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Where I live and drive my bike theres alot of gravel drive way I had to pour concrete pad so my bike wont follow over live on mountain and the wind knocked it over before. But your right I might just leave it alone

Comment

If you're worried about it falling over....just two suggestions.....sliders really help to keep your plastics ......and get into the habit of leaving it in gear.
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                        X