X

Pipe Wrap and A/f Ratio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Wrap and A/f Ratio

Just ordered some exhaust wrap and after a little research I found some people saying it can cause you to run on the lean side due to insulating properties of the wrap. I'm running on the lean side slightly as is. should i be concerned with it further leaning out my A/F mix, or is the change if any so marginal is wont matter much?

Wrap supposedly improves exhaust flow by preventing the exhaust gasses from cooling so quickly. The higher temp/pressure gasses don't lose velocity so it improves scavenging. Don't know if there's really any truth to that but if there is then it would lean out the mix. Cure would be to back out the A/F screws a bit.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I HIGHLY doubt it will have that much of an effect, its not like you're jet coating. Buy a factory pro kit and have at it.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm jet coating!!!
        I'm in where do I sign up?
        1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
        1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
        Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

If you wrap it good and tight, overlapping half per revolution, it does make a difference. When I fully wrapped my exhaust I had to richen the mix a little. The instant I ripped the bottom of the wrap off going over a big speed bump, I could tell.

Now it doesn't make a huge difference by any means, but for someone who rides almost every day, I noticed the slightest difference it made

Comment

ive been quite reluctant to mess with the carbs they're quite new to me. i think il just shove afew paper towels in the air filter and hope for the best . joking aside il report back when the wrap arrives and I install it.

Comment

Moisture between the wrap and header should also be another concern down the road.

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Working...
              X