X

Yoshi exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshi exhaust

Do the Yoshi exhaust systems require a rejet to compensate? I've got one on mine and it would appear that the carbs are flooding every single time I start the bike. Led me to expect a Carb rebuild is necessary but I read some where that you need upgraded jets?

97 Katana 600

A Yoshi full exhaust system right? If it's a pre 98 single sided exhaust, it's a full system. In which case, yes you need a jet kit.

Comment

Yes that's what it is. How does it act without one? She's running right now and does fair. Runs rough and doesn't like to idle. Not sure if its an improperly installed jet kit or if its no jet kit at all?

97 Katana 600

Comment

Without a jet kit, it will be lean. It's easy to tell if you have a jet kit. Pull a cover and take out a needle. Does it have grooves for the e-clip? A stock needle only has one spot for the e-clip. If it has 6 grooves it's a Dynojet kit. If it has 5 grooves it's a Factory Pro jet kit. If you have a Factory Pro needle, you should be using 115 main jets. You're idling issues don't have anything to do with a jet kit. The idle is the pilot circuit, which is unchanged by a jet kit. You have dirty carbs. Clean them.

Comment

Arsenic quick question. Jraggett sorry for jumping into ur thread. 02 600 with a d&d exhaust tip. Should it have stage 1 jet kit or nothing at all. Bike runs really well so if needed then it has one. Just wondering. Sorry again jraggett

Comment

No, you don't NEED a jet kit with just a slip-on. With that said you sure SHOULD use a jet kit. Then again, you SHOULD use a jet kit with a stock exhaust.

Comment

you're good uncltommy. @arsenic, im really not wanting to tear it apart, as i have a temporary fix right now. it's got make a gasket on it right now cause im poor and can't buy gaskets yet. needs to be cleaned, definitely. doing that as soon as i have cash.

97 Katana 600

Comment

uummm, you don't need a gasket to take a diaphragm cover off. I didn't realize looking at a needle entailed tearing it apart.

Comment

oh the diaphragm. i thought you meant pull the float bowl side. sorry. im a bit slow with carbs. i'm used to fuel injected. i'll check it out.

97 Katana 600

Comment

It's under the black plastic cover on top...
                    And the needle is at the bottom of the slide...
                    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
                    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
                    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Working...
                    X