X

Any one run the V&H super sport system? Need advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one run the V&H super sport system? Need advice

I decided to get the Vance and Hines super sport system for a 89-97 750 kat. I have been wondering, it cam with a kinda plain V$H muffler, I have an SSR-2 slip on now with a 600 kat header, that's what the problem has been, the 750 kat header has a longer and different way they go from 4-1. I contacted Vance & Hines and got a tech on the phone, he told me the 89-97 Kats have a different oil pan than the 98 and up. The guy I got the bike from was a little guy, owned a MC repair shop and put the big jets in the carbs, did a bi of head work and somehow fit an SSR-2 system for either a 600, 1100 kat, or the gsxr 1100, never made that system for the 89-97 kats. He also told me I would be better off with the super sport system over some more expensive systems. If I had 650$, I would have bought the D&D 4-2-1 and that would be that but he told me that the SS system was designed using a 750 katana and measuring and getting maximum air flow and power. The bike has a stage 3 jet kit, I get around 25-30 miles to gallon if I'm lucky, I am wondering if I should put the SS header on it and putting the SSR-2 muffler on it rather than the super sport muffler. I've neve heard one, I know my bike uses a good bit of gas but it is much quicker than most other 750's and kills all 600's. The motor was Dyno tuned and I'm wondering if I should put the SSR-2 muffler back on it, or the new Super sport muffler. Does anyone run a V&H super sport exhaust on their bike? If so, how does it sound, perform, did you jet your carbs? The system that's on it, you have to put bigger jets on carbs, the tech from V&H said I would need to jet carbs for super sport system but mine already jetted. What would you guys do? Put the SSR-2 back on it, or put the new SS muffler on it? Is there a big difference between the two other than the SSR-2 is a bit bigger in an oval shape can and the SS muffler is a round can. Any help would be great, I don't know what to do, I wish I knew more about the super sport muffler vs the SSR-2 muffler? Will the SS have as good a sound and perform as good as the SSR-2 if anyone has the super sport system on their bike, I'd love to hear what you think about it. Thanks for all the great help guys , I appreciate it

Dude, it's a Katana exhaust, smack it on and ride.

Install full exhaust
    Stage one factory pro kit
    Stock air filter
    Ride bike
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
    X