X

Need exhaust help! PLEASE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need exhaust help! PLEASE

So I'm trying to get my Kat back in working condition and part of my quest is to get that god awful vance&hines super sport pipe off the bike. The thing is loud. Very loud. Just painful to ride, and I don't even want to start my bike in the driveway. If any of you have this on your Kats I don't know how. Least on mine it sounds like complete crap. My question is, are there any other options for a 4-1 1990 750? I've searched online and all that comes up are those super sport ones. Everything I find on eBay is for 4-2 pipes. Anyone have any tips?

If the header isn't leaking- the noise is from the muffler, not the header. Change the muffler if there are no exhaut leaks. Exhaust leaks leave black soot marks...look for them.
    1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
    1980 Suzuki GS450ET
    1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Originally posted by TooNudie View Post
      So I'm trying to get my Kat back in working condition and part of my quest is to get that god awful vance&hines super sport pipe off the bike. The thing is loud. Very loud. Just painful to ride, and I don't even want to start my bike in the driveway. If any of you have this on your Kats I don't know how. Least on mine it sounds like complete crap. My question is, are there any other options for a 4-1 1990 750? I've searched online and all that comes up are those super sport ones. Everything I find on eBay is for 4-2 pipes. Anyone have any tips?

The SS (round can) is pretty loud.

The SS2r (oval can) is alot better. Both are avaialbe for the 750/600 cc kats as a full system.

Or, use your header and make a mid pipe to match up with any slip on exhaust can you want.

As a note... the SS2r can slides onto the mid pipe. So I recently used that and swapped out the can and put a micron can on Badfaerie's bike. Sounds REALLY nice. Works great. Lookes awesome. The only "mod" I had to do to make that work was add a spacer for the can to clamp onto as the midpipe was slightly smaller in diameter. If you had a custom mid pipe made at an exhaust shop, I'm sure it could be made to be a direct fit.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you could always find a post 98 header, and then the slip-on of your choice. minor mods to 'fit' the header around the oil pan, or you could buy a post 98 oil pan, it's a direct swap from yours. mounts may be off a bit for the slip-on, but if you're willing to do a bit of very minor fab work, your options for slip-on exhausts becomes very wide open...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I really liked the Yoshimura RS-3 that was on my 750. Nice and quiet at low rpms and opened up just enough to make me grin when I revved it high. Get a slip-on and have a muffler shop build you a mid-pipe.

Oh, and if you pick up a used muffler then plan on re-packing it before you install it. Makes a huge difference.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thank you muchly guys. I like the idea of the yoshimura rs-3. Never even thought of swapping out the mid pipe. Awesome!

Comment

Is "muchly" a word?

Comment

Thank for the help guys. I went with a hindle slip on. Should get here around Friday.

Comment

Working...
                X