X

exhuast question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhuast question...

I ave a 99 katana 600 gsxf. I noticed on the inside of the can there is like a hole the size of a quarter..how it got there i have no clue. but i can say its been there since i had the bike. will that or can that do any damage to the engine? also i was wondering , could i patch the whole up in some kind of way? other than that the bike is fine .. just waiting to go pick it up from getting her carbs done .. and this time yes the carbs were cleaned... .. if that is bad for the engine then i guess i gotta save up to buy another exhuast... but we shall see.. Tank guys and girls of Katriders.com!!
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Axle bolt smashing into the can.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Is that really bad ??
      "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Comment

It won't hurt the engine. It'll make it noisy as hell and reduce the performance a little. Is it the axle that made the hole? Is the hole on the inside (frame side) of muffler?
        It is a safety hazzard for sure... as the axle could get stuck in there, negatively affecting the handling. If your axle nut is on the right side of the bike- you could reverse the axle so that the axle nut would be on the left side instead.
        You could patch the hole by welding a patch over the hole or using jb weld to hold a patch on. You could replace the muffler. You could keep riding. Lots of options there...
        1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
        1980 Suzuki GS450ET
        1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Working...
        X