X

Exhaust sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust sound

I have an 04 600 and I bought from dealer with a v&h slip on already on it. It doesn't sound throaty whatsoever, there aren't other mods on the bike. It's a 300 dollar exhaust and really don't feel like shelling out another 400 for a yoshi so my question is, what can I do to possibly improve performance and get a better sound? I've heard about these jet kits, but sounds complicated. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely, a newbie

one slip on vs. another will have no effect on power, unless you have an aftermarket header. If that is the case (have aftermarket header) a rejet will help power a small but noticeable amount. take out the baffle if it has one to make it louder, or gut the pipe if it has no removable baffle. I got the stainless delkevic 9" silencer it is loud on my 750...get people telling me all the time how fast it sounds...at least it sounds fast lol.

Comment

the only thing that will change the sound of your exhaust, is changing the exhaust. You could take the V&H can apart and remove some baffling I suppose, but chances are it will sound awful and run even worse with a more wide open exhaust. Sell what you have on fleabay, get a TBR(Two Brothers Racing) pipe if you want throaty...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I had a D&D on my 750
        "Loud" gets tired sooner or later
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

What will a new header do? And what is average install price? Will it make a big dIfference in power and sound? I asked a buddy and he told me stage 1 jet wont do much and to go with 2 or 3 but I am most likely upgrading next year and probably shouldn't do anything that would cost too much

Comment

Originally posted by Nasdaq View Post
            Will it make a big dIfference in power and sound?
            The only thing that will make a difference in power is a bigger engine.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i agree with the Two brothers exhaust. I was luckyand my brother had one that i bought off him for $100. List price for the one i have is around 400. I had a mid pipe bent up at a mufflers shop lol. It sounds REALLY good to the point of my brother regreting selling it to me lol. I also have bigger jets in it which improved power and sound.

Comment

How much is it to install jets? Yeah I may leave it as it is depending on price. Selling this Kat soon and getting a zx10r for next season . My Kat is an 04 with 14k. How much could I get ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                  I had a D&D on my 750
                  Blasphemy!!!! You speak with a forked tongue, you...heretic!!!

Nevermind Mr. Silenceisbetterinmyoldage-Pants there. Loud is good, like carbon footprints, smoking inside and wasteful excess!

I have a D&D "Track pack" and it is as subtle as a ****ed off honey badger.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Nasdaq View Post
                    How much is it to install jets? Yeah I may leave it as it is depending on price. Selling this Kat soon and getting a zx10r for next season . My Kat is an 04 with 14k. How much could I get ya think?
                    About $2k.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

$6 each for jets

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                        I had a D&D on my 750
                        I have a D&D pipe on mine and I have to agree with you. Loud is great when you're seeking attention but it gets old when you start the bike early in the morning and try to leave the neighborhood unnoticed.
                        Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

... or you've sat on top of it for 8 hours straight and your ears ring well into the night.

Comment

I love the sound of my Micron. Scorpions sound good too.
                            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X