Link pipe install / old can removal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link pipe install / old can removal?

Hi Everyone,

I have a 1998 600 and will be buying a Delkevic stainless can in a day or so, but have a question regarding fitting.

How does the link pipe connect to the rest of the exhaust? Ive had a look at the stock fitment and its hard to see past the rust, there is no clamp bolted on that i can see. I also need to know this so i can get the old one off too!

Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated! Ive had a search about but no one seems to mention any problems about this, so i assume its pretty simple?

Cheers

Neil

your exhaust is basicly 2 pieces

There should be a clamp in the area of the center stand pivot
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Cheers mate,

That's what I thought but I can't see any clamp, just the join. I think I will just buy a clamp, and soak the join in wd40 before taking it apart and see what I'm left with.

Do the link pipes on the aftermarket exhausts slip inside or over the join to the header pipes?

Comment

there is a high heat packing that fits between
        its inside the front pipe outside the muffler assembly pipe

the front section has some slots in it
        I would put a large flat blade screw driver in that slot and twist slightly
        Once all mounting bolts are removed hit forward side of the muffler with a dead blow hammer towards the rear of the bike
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Lovely! Thanks very much! I will order the can and some packing today! Can't wait to get her sounding better!

Comment

all on and sounds lovely, just about to go for a ride with the baffles out

Comment

Working...
            X