X

Pre Gauge faces. Again...I know.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Gauge faces. Again...I know.

I am looking for new gauge faces for my '88 pre 600, and was wondering if anyone knew what my options might be? I saw a few threads on here, but they all seem to be at least 2 years old. I also did a quick ebay search, but can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas?
    Christine
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

I think you're going to have to make your own. If I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I don't think that anyone is currently making gauge faces for the Katana.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by cwalmsley View Post
        I saw a few threads on here, but they all seem to be at least 2 years old. I also did a quick ebay search, but can't seem to find anything.
        So what does that tell you?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well, that's not the news I was hoping for I definitely can't make them myself. Guess I'll have to keep an eye open for a used set or a new vendor.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          So what does that tell you?
          Thanks for the unnecessarily sarcastic, and extremely useless non-reply. I'm flattered you wasted your time
          Last edited by cwalmsley; 07-03-2012, 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Christine

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Comment

Originally posted by cwalmsley View Post
            I'm flattered you wasted your time
            You should be
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Red is right.. not much in the way of pre kat stuff..
              and on that note. i wonder if another 'zuki gauge face would work.. like an illumiglow unit..
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

There was a guy here, who was making them for a while... 'cause he had a bike, and made the gauges for a living. No clue what it would take to get someone else to produce them now.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I talked to a few companies today, they will do them for $150 - $200 for the set, but I have to ship them my gauges of course. Mid-July that ain't happening; so I'll just stick with what I have for now and keep watching. Thanks everyone!
                  Christine

sigpic

Comment

Order another set of gauges off ebay, get the custom ones made, then resell them
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

So, I found this guy who will also make custom faces:

Here are some of the ones he can do, but will also do custom to whatever print or design you want:

His prices were reasonable, and he seems to think that he can turn them around pretty quickly once I get him a gauge cluster. I am thinking about going with the RCAF emblem on my tach and a rivet print on the other two.

Says he can do any bike, any design you want, if anyone else out there is looking!

Thanks again everyone,
                      Christine.
                      Christine

sigpic

Comment

I have a set of the white ones a bunch of people bought a few years ago as paart of a group buy. I'll thrade them to you for a set of post gauges. I'm looking for an almost perfect set so I don't mind adding som money on top of the white gauges to make up the difference. I'm saying $50 for the white gauges. You can have the pods if you need em as well, I won't need them with the post setup.

I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                        -Unholy m-
                        Current project: Un-Katchable
                        sigpic

Comment

That site seems a bit dodgy, but here:

"In many cases a customer will take their speedo and send it to us and we can then make a speedo face using their stock dial as a template. That initial donor will receive their speedo face at no charge. E-mail us with questions. ."

Seems like a good deal.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                          X