X

muffler questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muffler questions

Wow it has been almost two years since i logged on here. Lots of stuff going on but anyway. I have read some of the other post about people smelling like gas after riding and that has been the case with me too. Although im not sure if that was the case since i bought the bike. Anyway, after looking for leaks i couldnt find any noticeable ones but it did smelled a bit coming from the filler cap... Not sure if this is normal and i also noticed a tiny hole on both pipes. It seems like something was there but its missing. So i was wondering if these tiny holes one on each side...underneath of the pipes are supposed to be there. Thanks for the help.

Ps. The rpms when idle are close to 2ks
    jayskat23

The tiny holes let the water out of the pipes so they don't rust as bad in the rain...

As for the had smell..do you have the rubber grommet under the filler cap?

I don't and after fuel up it leaks when I get on it to hard our corner too tight...

Just an idea could also be running a little rich the idles kinda on the top end.
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

the fuel system is vented through the filler cap. we have more carb issues with vacuum leaks than over rich conditions. ck for leaks first.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Thanks wreckie. How can i check for leaks
        jayskat23

Comment

Spray carb cleaner or starting fluid around the carbs and air box...

High rev means leak
          1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
          1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
          Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Working...
          X