X

LED plate light suggestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED plate light suggestions

Hi guys, I need some opinions on this have any of you ever molded plexiglass i got lots of ideas on how this is going to work from watching youtube on how to do it so i can place my 6" strip of white leds above my plate to replace the stock one. I got a eliminator kit for the bike that had me relocate my plate light and it doesnt really light up the plate as well so my buddy hooked me up with this white led strip, it needs a housing to keep the eliments out of it because its just pretty much a circuit board with the bulbs out one side. But I will keep you guys posted on my project and get some picks on here cause i hooked it up and wow this thing is so much brighter. If any one else has ever done this im open for any helping tips.

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
    Hi guys, I need some opinions on this have any of you ever molded plexiglass i got lots of ideas on how this is going to work from watching youtube on how to do it so i can place my 6" strip of white leds above my plate to replace the stock one. I got a eliminator kit for the bike that had me relocate my plate light and it doesnt really light up the plate as well so my buddy hooked me up with this white led strip, it needs a housing to keep the eliments out of it because its just pretty much a circuit board with the bulbs out one side. But I will keep you guys posted on my project and get some picks on here cause i hooked it up and wow this thing is so much brighter. If any one else has ever done this im open for any helping tips.

I used the flexible LED 4-6" strips from the auto store. They were $14-16 for a pair. Doesn't need a cover or housing or anything. Extreamly bright, so will need to make sure it's sheilded from direct view from behind. Stick on self adhesive has held tight now for over a year.

example pics taken in the middle of the day...

This is the type I got though I'm prettys sure they were 6" in length, but this would work fine...

Very bright... they will light up the ground behind you at night.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That looks awesome just what i was looking to do thanks for the pics thats helpful

Comment

Here is the the way this all worked out, first got led, then cut the plexi , molded the plexi with a heat gun and an oven mit, and hot glued it all together put it on the bike and wired it all up to connectors and put the tail lght back on
        .IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0560.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

Comment

Nice, next time you need waterproof led strips though, check these out on amazon.
          I used the green color on my bike for my diy underglow kit.
          [ame="http://www.amazon.com/MOTORCYCLE-BRIGHT-ACCENT-FLEXIBLE-Aquarium/dp/B002SG3JIO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1339911536&sr=8-4&keywords=white+led+strip"]Amazon.com: CITI White 9 LED Strip NEON MOTORCYCLE / CAR / BOAT / HOME / POD LIGHT BRIGHT ACCENT GLOW 9LED FLEXIBLE WATER PROOF, Aquarium Light Under Water Proof Tank: Home Improvement[/ame]

Comment

Working...
          X