X

Trying to figure out carb jetting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure out carb jetting

Hey guys, thanks for all the good information, I have never posted anything because I have always found the answers but this series of questions seem to be a little specific and Im looking for advice. Im pretty much a noob at this other than a top end rebuild on cb650 last year.

SO.....

I just picked up a 97 katana with a 4 to 1 yoshi pipe and I in the process of breaking into the carbs but the bowl screws were stripped when i got it. From what Ive read, the carbs should be jetted with a stage one jet kit correct? Ive also read that you can cut corners and buy "$13 worth of hardware" to kind of jet it. So i pull off the caps to look at the needles and they look to be stock... needles in carbs 1,2,4 have a peach colored ring at the top of them and I see it in bike bandit as part number 1047327. I guess my question is shouldn't there be one in carb 3 as well?? and would it be best to get a factory pro jet kit for it? thanks in advance!
    Last edited by maniac1886; 05-29-2012, 10:18 PM. Reason: misinformation
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

For full exhaust, i recommend a factory pro stage 1 jet kit, it will help your bike run a little better. also set the air/ fuel screw to 2.5 turns out. Yes, all 4 carbs should have the same parts. check your needles for slots at the top, if they have mulitiple slots, It is already rejetted. Wiki the "service manual" and "carbs 101" you can download a copy of the manual and a Katriders carb sevice manual to help you.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
    X