X

help I.D.ing this 4into1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help I.D.ing this 4into1

Pulled this off my 96wet parts bike. Had a yoshi R&D carbon slip in but doesn't look like a yoshi header. Was thinking post but bike still has a pre oil pan. Let me know what yall think.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a home-brew setup based on something fuel-injected. Those look like O2 sensor ports with bolts in them to seal them off.

Oh, and those welds between the collector and the midpipe look like something I'd do on a bad day! I can't see a pro letting those be seen by a customer, let alone leave the shop.
    Last edited by Wild-Bill; 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Tell me about it. I do better welds than that with a stick welder. I may pull the whole thing apart and see if it cann't be straightened out a little. Nothing better to do since the bike is pretty well done.

Comment

I'd definitely suggest a wire-feed if not a MIG for that. I've used my wire-feed on pipes but it took a lot of patience to avoid blowing through. Might be OK on those, though. I'm betting they're not thin-wall stainless.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Gonna hit it with the mig. If not happy, may have to take it to a friends shop and tig it up. Think I may wanna pick up another set if stock pre pipes just for the down pipes. Not really fond of the pieced together look of the pipes on 1&2. Or the whole thing for that matter.

Comment

Yeah, 1&2 look pretty bad. That's a good idea, using some stock pipes to replace those. If nothing else, replace everything from the collector up and clean up all the welds. You might need some filler pieces to reach the collector but at least you could put them under the bike and keep things even. With the collector that far back, they should do a good job of putting your peak torque up high, about where the HP curve kicks in.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

That collector looks like something off a car. If it were me, I'd cut that Yosh off and get a different setup.

Comment

Working...
              X