X

can anyone help me answer a ? for a fairing swap out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help me answer a ? for a fairing swap out

ok i have read the post and i know 88 threw 97 600 or 750 can be changed and then 98 and up can interchange but i found a body kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Fairing...ht_4293wt_1163 that says will fit 97 to 05.... will this fit and line up correctly and if so will i only need to change out the rear break light or have other mods????????????????

Looks like the 03+ tail, doesnt look like the canine crayola.

1.) These chinese ebay fairings kits are sold by morons, the switchover in fairings styles was 98+

2.) The only difference between 1st gen 98+ and 2nd gen 98+ is the tail fairing.

1998+ fairings are not compatible with 1988-1997.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Will it line up correctly with what? A Polaris ATV?
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

That fairing kit is for a 2003-2006 Katana. I can tell by the tail fairing.

Originally posted by racejunky356 View Post
        ok i have read the post and i know 88 threw 97 600 or 750 can be changed and then 98 and up can interchange but i found a body kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Fairing...ht_4293wt_1163 that says will fit 97 to 05.... will this fit and line up correctly and if so will i only need to change out the rear break light or have other mods????????????????
        NONE of the fairing kits you see on Ebay will fit a 1997 or older Katana without modifying your frame. You would also need the head light, tail light, windscreen and gauge cluster from a Post Kat. You will either have to piece them together, or fix what you have.
        Last edited by 05RedKat600; 04-07-2012, 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
        X