X

rear turn signals & seat help needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear turn signals & seat help needed

Hi fine folks... I have an '05 katana 600 and am unhappy with the rear turn signals.. I will post pics of what I have and what im looking for below..
    #1) my rear with little lights that break when bumped into...

#2) The seat and turn signals from a '04-'05 GSXR 600

I love my double seat with the handle but want my turn signals like the GSXR set up....

Basically my question is how do i get this setup?? do I have to change the whole seat? can I buy those lights and attach to my seat? etc, etc...
    Any and all help is appreciated.. thanks in advance.

Do you want just the signals, or the tail light, tail and seat too?

Comment

Well id like to keep the seat i have now but want to get rid of the little turn signals that stick out on the side And want the turn signals like the GSXR turn signals..

Can i drill and just install those lights (turn signals)
      Last edited by roe1880; 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Oh, well if that's all you want to do there is no reason you can't just remove the old ones and install the button style from the gixxer.

Comment

I'd rather have better rear visbility - especially in NY, rather than those small signals that are hard to see on a good day. Just my .02
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

You have a valid point Diavolo... I don't intend them to be that small but that's the idea that im working on setting up...

Now would any similar setup from another bike be easier to install with bigger, easier to see signals? But nothing like the new bikes rear end...lol... those are just to big for my taste..lol.. looks like a big fish that your sitting on...lol

Comment

I just got a set of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180444129122 I have an integrated tail light, but my GF said that during the day the visibility is a bit "meh." I figure every little bit helps. I haven't installed them yet, but they seem to be of decent build quality. Once I get them on (probably this weekend) I can get you pictures if you're interested.
              2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Although a bit spendy, Rizoma has some super sleek signals - Check out their Avio 21 or Graffio models for some alternate styles.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Thanks again folks... And yes Dan id love to see the pics.

Comment

Just integrate your taillight
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

you can also use flexible LED strips to create your own turn signals that are virtually hidden until they flash... and they flash very bright.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Didn't get a chance to install them this weekend; I'm waiting on some Y-connectors that I ordered specifically to do this right. Pics will be up as soon as those come in.
                        2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

where are those pics Dan??? lol

Comment

Working...
                          X