No announcement yet.
X

swing arms on 1995

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chrisgreer.. man.. your avatar is freakin me out man....
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

thanks for all the input...u too haters...gsxfjim i'll let ya know if i go with the one from you

Comment

It's not a matter of hating, it's a matter of handling for me. Where I live, there are no stretched swingarm bikes, because of all the twisties. I was in SC for three days this last week, and every R1, CBR1K, and Busa I saw was all chrome and a 3 FT swingarm. I can see why they do that in Ohio too, all flat straight roads.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          It's not a matter of hating, it's a matter of handling for me. Where I live, there are no stretched swingarm bikes, because of all the twisties. I was in SC for three days this last week, and every R1, CBR1K, and Busa I saw was all chrome and a 3 FT swingarm. I can see why they do that in Ohio too, all flat straight roads.
          I still won't do it.... I live just a few minutes from a big drag strip. There are enough actual racers around that the wannabe racer s*** wouldn't go over well. Extended swingarms on 60hp 500lb monsters definitely qualifies.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            I still won't do it.... I live just a few minutes from a big drag strip. There are enough actual racers around that the wannabe racer s*** wouldn't go over well. Extended swingarms on 60hp 500lb monsters definitely qualifies.
            Tru dat and IMO strapping will do just as well as extending a swingarm. Unless you are a full blown racer with a specialized drag bike. For a daily rider to drag on the weekends strapping is a cheap mod.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
              chrisgreer.. man.. your avatar is freakin me out man....
              lol. I was acting just a little nuts in the pic
              I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
              -Unholy m-
              Current project: Un-Katchable
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by corkydiesel View Post
                just wanted to know my options so i can buy a swing arm to use to try and extend. why is there no swing arm extensions like for the gxsr and busa?

does anyone have an extended swing arm for sale for the pre 600? and for the record i'm just doing it for looks and give me something to do

Yes, there are:

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

he doesn't have any katana ones right now because his supplier jacked the price up for them...i'm hoping he can drill out a cbr one to fit

Comment

Nothing to do with my dislike for the idea of a stretched swingarm on a Kat, but do you really feel safe with the idea of a bolt-on extension? That'd make me feel really nervous. Don't suppose a Hyabusa or ZX-12 swingarm could be made to fit, could it?

Those do look like some nicely machined pieces, though...
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

a pre750 swing arm is 1.5" longer and would bolt right in. You probably want more then 1.5" but, its a thought.
                      '90 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                      X