Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

01 tail section converted to 03...possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 tail section converted to 03...possible?

Hey fellas!

I searched through the posts looking for information on converting an 01 750 tail section to the 02-up tail section. Didnt fine anything. The cheerie hanging off my *** looks fine and does its job,but I really like the look of the next body style tail light.

Has anybody done a swap like that? Is it even possible to do it easily with minimal (hopefully none) mods? If its a fairly straight forward 'plug n play' I want to do it.

What say the powers that be?

been done many times and covered on here about once a month. Get the parts and bolt it on.
    sigpic

Comment

Thats what Im talking about!!! It figures - right after (litterally right after) I posted this I stumbled on to jettajake00 and saw the pictures of his swap.

So,on that note,thanks for the quick response! I am so on it

Comment

I forgot to ask guys. Are the body parts the same between the 600 and 750? I have an opportunity to get the rear from a 600 but NEED to be sure they are interchangable. I looked up the parts on Bike Bandit and the partnumbers are different by 1 digit...the last digit.
        As always,thanks for the help!

Comment

No there is no differance between the 600 and the 750.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks ZukiFred! My instincts were that they were the same,but I figured better safe than sorry.

Comment

One final question guys. Im about to grab an 06 rear tail from a 600. Ive looked at bike bandit and the only thing I see different is the color,which gives the parts a different part number. So,are the 03 - up rear tails (all of them) able to be modded to 98-02? I tryed searching through the posts,but the problem is the information is so scattered and vague ... As of yet I havent been able to find any one single thread that spells it out clearly.

As always,thanks fellas!
              Ed

Comment

Yes all 03 - 06 tails are the same.

Comment

Fred, he's asking if you can put a 03-06 on a 98-02 Kat. I know there are different tail lights but not sure what else is different.

Comment

Thanks again ZukiFred! And again,my instincts were that they were the same,but had to be sure.

Comment

One thing you may want to cheek is the cable from the lock to the seat release, I think someone mentioned the 03+ has a longer cable, but I am not 100% sure of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X