X

cobra slip on vs stock?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobra slip on vs stock?

wondering if cobra f1r slip on mufflers for pre kats sound good or crap they do nothing for performance. rather spend the money somewhere else and leave stock. curios if anybody used them or herd them on a bike. thanks
    when in doubt power out sally!!!!

Originally posted by chevyman82 View Post
    wondering if cobra f1r slip on mufflers for pre kats sound good or crap they do nothing for performance. rather spend the money somewhere else and leave stock. curios if anybody used them or herd them on a bike. thanks

You know someone still selling a set?

They sound great IMO... but it's been a while since I've even seen a set. Been looking for a cheap set myself to have around..

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I seen them on ebay there used kinda thought they would be kinda rare cause been doing a lot of research on exhaust and that the first time i seen or heard of them sounds like there hard to find

Comment

Yeah their hard to find. Due to new ones not being made in over 10 years. There are a bunch of exhaust options for a pre 98. Just get a 98+ oil pan and oil pick up. A 98+ OEM header that you can use ANY slip on muffler you want. It'll be a single sided exhaust though. If you're looking for dual, that doesn't help you much.

Comment

not opposed to single or duals exhaust i want a better sound with out a bunch of jetting and tuning it runs great like the old saying goes what aint broke dont fix it. ill keep this is daily driver. started doing some serious reseach on building pre b12 kat want something with a little more grunt but love the pre kats.

Comment

Working...
          X