X

Vance and Hines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance and Hines

So I just bought my "brand new" Katana 750. Its a 93 with a full vance & hines exhaust. For some reason it didnt have the stand on the bike. Will the stand fit with the v&h exhaust?

Entirely possible it won't. Hit Harbor Freight for one of these: http://www.harborfreight.com/low-pro...and-99701.html

It'll cost you less than a centerstand and you can adjust the chain with the bike on it better than on the centerstand.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You need the paddle adapters also. Katana's don't have swing arm spools.

Comment

center stand or sidestand? The sidestand will definitely fit. I think the centerstand will too... I'm almost positive that my first Katana still had the centerstand with the V&H exhaust.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

It fits just fine. Actually, I've yet to run across an exhaust I would have a clearance issue with the center stand...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i have full v&h with post header swap on a 91 and my center stand fits. only clearance issue was a bit of the front lower plastics but the header melted its way in customly lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy View Post
              i have full v&h with post header swap...
              That's not a full V&H. That's post headers and a V&H slip-on. There's a difference in the shape of the headers as well as the weight, flow and volume.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I run my center stand with my full V&H set up. No clearance problems.
                -------------

Comment

Working...
                X