X

Aftermarket exhaust & jetting???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
    Water. Get a batch of bad gas? Leave it outside in the rain? What did it smell like? Could also be bad valve stem seals.
    Well it hasnt rained lately but it is wicked humid here so it is always dewy in the morning like it has rained....does the gas cap not seal all the way or something? how would water get in?
    And i get good gas, always at murphys and the highest octane they have.

Comment

Well, you're wasting money. Kats need 87 octane. Anything more is ****ing in the wind.

That being said, what did the smoke smell like?

Comment

Well, you're wasting money. Kats need 87 octane. Anything more is ****ing in the wind.

That being said, what did the smoke smell like?
        Really? I have always been told that ALL bikes should get the highest possible!

Comment

Originally posted by plexlove View Post
          You've been told wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by plexlove View Post
            Manual for my 09 FZ6 states 87 octane as well. I've tried all 3, no noticeable difference at all. It's getting 87 octane until I get a PowerCommander.

Comment

Wow,
              I know "Regular" gas in the States is 87 Octane, isn't it ? Minimum you can buy here in the UK is 95. Premium here is 98.Not as bad as the Japanese at 98 for their minimum though.
              My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Manual for my 09 FZ6 states 87 octane as well. I've tried all 3, no noticeable difference at all. It's getting 87 octane until I get a PowerCommander.
                You still won't need higher octane until you start throwing timing at it or a thinner head gasket.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by delbutler View Post
                  Wow,
                  I know "Regular" gas in the States is 87 Octane, isn't it ? Minimum you can buy here in the UK is 95. Premium here is 98.Not as bad as the Japanese at 98 for their minimum though.
                  There are two different octane numbers. Research octane, and pump octane.

Your Research Octane Number (RON) of 95 is equal to our AKI (or Pump Octane Number) of 87. Just a heads up.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  You still won't need higher octane until you start throwing timing at it or a thinner head gasket.
                  Yup. I plan on the Ignition Module in addition to the PCIII or PCV. Possible different cams as well, but we shall see. I figure some R6 profile cams in there with the electronics package, and anew exhaust should net quite a few more HP over the way it is now.

I told my neighbor that. He continues to **** away money. He doesn't have the Ignition Module either to advance the timing. Ah well.
                  Last edited by 05RedKat600; 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I told my neighbor that. He continues to **** away money. He doesn't have the Ignition Module either to advance the timing. Ah well.
                    I've told KatRiders.com as a whole that K&N is worthless for the last five years. Yet someone still posts about them weekly. Get used to it.

Comment

There are two different octane numbers. Research octane, and pump octane.

Your Research Octane Number (RON) of 95 is equal to our AKI (or Pump Octane Number) of 87. Just a heads up.

Yup. I plan on the Ignition Module in addition to the PCIII or PCV. Possible different cams as well, but we shall see. I figure some R6 profile cams in there with the electronics package, and anew exhaust should net quite a few more HP over the way it is now.

Ignition module will def be my next engine upgrade.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        I've told KatRiders.com as a whole that K&N is worthless for the last five years. Yet someone still posts about them weekly. Get used to it.
                        I've run them in my cars and trucks forever. My last Toyota went over 300K with one in it. However, my cars and trucks don't see 10K RPM on a daily basis. Won't use them in my bikes.

Comment

I found a cobra f1r set on ebay for 125 for a pre 600 kat. would that work on my pre 750? And if so, is that a good deal?

And also, i am trying to find the stage 1 jet kit and all i seem to be able to find is stage 3... If i get that exhaust which would be best and where would i find a good deal on a jet kit?
                          Last edited by plexlove; 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                          X