X

Exhaust help from the 1100 guys.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust help from the 1100 guys.....

SO I just got my bike. Wanted to do a 4 to 1 exhaust on it... Is there is a low budget mod I can do? Any stock 4-1 headers direct fit on this bike?? My bike is a 92 1100. Any advise would be great. Thanks!
    1992 Suzuki Katana 1127

You're about an hour too late for this:

(You have to be logged into e-bay to see it since it's a completed listing.)
    I was watching that one and decided earlier today to give it a pass. At that point it was going for $75. After trying a V&H SS2R and a Bandit 1200 exhaust on my 1100 I think I've decided to stick with OEM. So far everything I've found in a 4-1 or 4-2-1 header seems to interfere with oil changes and require trimming back the lower fairing. The Bandit 1200 header didn't quite make it past the bottom of the oil pan.

There are some headers out there that will fit and of course you can make just about anything fit if you're really determined but look at the facts. The 1100 isn't going to get a huge power boost from an aftermarket exhaust and you really don't need it anyway. The big Kat is a pretty strong beast. It also seems like any aftermarket exhaust is going to make routine maintenance a PITA and will require cutting back those hard to replace plastic bits. Stick with the stock pipes. They don't look too bad, they don't **** off the neighbors and you've already got them. If you've gotta put some money into the bike then look at swapping the wheels to 17 inchers. You'll see a whole lot more difference from that then anything else I know of.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I am not too late... i was bidding on that and someone took it at the last second... FML. Previous owner hacked up my stock mufflers so i am kinda already quite loud. So, i have to do something about the exhaust... What is the largest wheel and tire I can stuck under that bike anyway?!? I have all winter to get her ready so... Which headers are a direct fit on this motor? will any of the gsxr headers fit?
      1992 Suzuki Katana 1127

Comment

Read and enjoy:

That's my write-up. I'm going to have to add some notes regarding the rear wheel. I've just spaced out the rear sprocket with 10mm washers and I'm working on a non-straight caliper arm to get around the 180x55x17 tire. There's contact between the chain and the tire on one side and the caliper arm and tire on the other when the tire flexes. Next tire will be a 170x60x17.

edit: Holy crap! I just did a search on flea-bay for "Katana 1100 exhaust" and the only things that came up were ridiculously high. Check with Mojoe (send him a Private Message) and see what he's got.
        Last edited by Wild-Bill; 09-20-2011, 11:16 PM.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The cheap option... fine someone selling a set of dual exhaust cans off another bike locally or real cheap on ebay. Something like the GSXR1k for example that has the dual cans. Take them, and the bike to the local muffler shop. Have them make mid pipes that will slip over your stock exhaust and connect to the new cans. Mount to the bike and go.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X