No announcement yet.
X

Muffler vs. Header

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vance and hines supersport was on a gs500e I took 4.5 inches out of it and re packed the fiber crap that's in it so no its not stopped up lol
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
      Vance and hines supersport was on a gs500e I took 4.5 inches out of it and re packed the fiber crap that's in it so no its not stopped up lol

Is there a decrease in the pipe size from the header back anywhere?

What size is the center radius for the perforated pipe inside?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No decrease from header back to muffler

Perf pipe is 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch and header is 2 1/4 inch.

Comment

The 37.5 pilots are larger than what we get stock, but the same as the rest of the world. You will end up with the mixture screws farther in because of it. IIRC, mine are between 1 and 1.5 turns out from bottomed, using the same size pilots. The numbers of turns you see thrown around here are assuming the stock pilots.

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
          No decrease from header back to muffler

Perf pipe is 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch and header is 2 1/4 inch.
          Well that should be good and quiet. Even most "street core" mufflers have a 2" ID core. Loud ones are usually more like 2.5".
          Last edited by loudnlow7484; 09-13-2011, 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Well I'm at 1.5 and with the muffler on its rich and quiet...way too quiet lol.

Comment

Working...
            X