X

What else can I use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else can I use?

So I recently acquired an 00 Bandit 1200 from my buddy who needed the money for the bike more than the bike itself. So like most normal members of Katriders, I promptly removed the motor and trans and they are waiting to go into my Kat this winter. My question, what else can I take off this bike to improve my Kat. I have read on here that you can make a Bandit 600 swing arm fit so you can fit a bigger rear tire, is the same possible with a 1200 swing arm?

Originally posted by axelpkt View Post
    So I recently acquired an 00 Bandit 1200 from my buddy who needed the money for the bike more than the bike itself. So like most normal members of Katriders, I promptly removed the motor and trans and they are waiting to go into my Kat this winter. My question, what else can I take off this bike to improve my Kat. I have read on here that you can make a Bandit 600 swing arm fit so you can fit a bigger rear tire, is the same possible with a 1200 swing arm?

Time to take some pics and measurements... make that answer alot easier to give to you.

Pull the part, take several pics... measure the various points of it... add them to the pic (or post pic with text info detailed.)

For example, if you pull the swingarm out... measure the pivot tube sizes like hole size, width, length, size of the pivot bolt (diam and length), size of the axle, length of axle, size/length of the swingarm overall measurements. Also need to look at how soon it "turns out" or how soon the angle of the arms spread open for the wheel, and measure distance from the pivot tube VS width of the spread at several points.

That info can be used to then compare to a kat swingarm/frame and let you know what kind of mods are needed if any.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Fair enough, looks like I got my self a project for tomorrow . Thanks.

Comment

Ok here is a pretty crappy pic with some measurements:

The bolt that goes the shock linkage is about 12mm (.47 in) diameter and is 4 1/2" long. The bolt that goes to the pivot tube is about 20mm (.79 in) diameter and is 11 1/4" long. If I left anything out let me know and I can measure it up real quick. Thanks.

Comment

Ok here is a pretty crappy pic with some measurements:

The bolt that goes the shock linkage is about 12mm (.47 in) diameter and is 4 1/2" long. The bolt that goes to the pivot tube is about 20mm (.79 in) diameter and is 11 1/4" long. If I left anything out let me know and I can measure it up real quick. Thanks.

Measure 8" from center of the pivot tube towards the cross brace. Should put you just behind the shock linkage mounting point. Measure the width of the arm at that point.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

8" came out to where that one mount for the chain guard is. 10 5/8" on the outside and 7 7/8" on the inside of the arms.

Comment

8" came out to where that one mount for the chain guard is. 10 5/8" on the outside and 7 7/8" on the inside of the arms.
              Doing that same measurement on the kat gives me 10" total width between the subframe rails, and the kat arm at about 8 3/8" wide at that point.

I dont' see that arm working without there being some subframe/rail modifications to cut that section out and move it. This would include newly modified mounting points for the foot pegs and different pet brackets.

krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

Damn, worth a shot. Thanks man.

Comment

thanks for the pics and measurements. added to my scrap book of measurements!
                  "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                  X