X

Bar end bolts stuck...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar end bolts stuck...

Any suggestions on how to remove the philips head bolts from my factory bar ends? I have new ends, with new bolts to install, but I cannot turn the old ones out. Starting to strip the heads out, trying.

Any assistance?
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Impact driver.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Try twisting the entire bar end. Might loosen the bolt with it.
      -2000 "750"

Comment

if all things fail. you can always cut a new groove with a dremel tool and use flat screwdriver and hammer method
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

best way i found is to cover the bar end with a towel then use visegrips on the barend itself. works good for me everytime.

Comment

Worst case scenario drill the head off, then use vise grips to turn the screw out.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Heat possibly, maybe an extractor kit if you need it

Comment

Shouldn't need an extractor. Just have to get the head of the screw then there's plenty of metal to use to get it out.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Lube from the other end will help as well. Should be able to pull the plastic cap off the end and spray down into the tube with a good penetrating lube... NOT wd40.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for all of your advice, guys. I'll give it a crack this evening.
                    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by buddieboy72 View Post
                      best way i found is to cover the bar end with a towel then use visegrips on the barend itself. works good for me everytime.

Worked awesomely. Old ends off, Cheriff bar ends on. Win.
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

w00t! grats man.

Comment

Working...
                        X