X

Install of F1s pipes for a pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install of F1s pipes for a pre

So earlier I asked about the mid pipe size on a pre 600 and 750 due to finding a deal on a set of F1s pipes by Cobra. Apparently these were the pipes to have back in the heyday of pre's. I found a set hanging on a wall in a Suzuki dealer who let them go for 1/2 price today. Below are the install pics. I had to make due with the tools I had (lol). Pretty much just cut about 10 inches down from the weld on the stock can and these slid rid over! Nice sounding from what people tell me, I can't hear the difference yet ha!

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

I have a set of those. Hope you like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_kat View Post
      I have a set of those. Hope you like them.
      For 150 bucks I'm not gonna complain yet. haha. Figure they are better than stock, less expensive that a V&H full set, and cheaper than the pre to post swap single exhaust. So far so good in my eyes. I would assume they get louder over time, after everything gets burnt off inside?
      Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Yes... they will get louder.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

They will get louder once the packing burns down.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Didn't I tell you that last night? I'm pretty sure I did, since I was standing there when I said it.

They do sound good. Your bike sounds like a bike now, instead of a dorm room refrigerator.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
              They do sound good. Your bike sounds like a bike now, instead of a dorm room refrigerator.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X