X

2005 Katana 600 Slip on exhaust??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Katana 600 Slip on exhaust??

Hi everyone...just looking to pick some more experienced brains I just bought my Kat and want to get a slip on exhaust to make it a bit louder (for increased safety) What would you all suggest would be my best option. I was looking at the Yoshimura RS3 but I was told that jetting the carbs is required and if I am going to go through all that trouble would it not be better to do a full exhaust system??

Shouldn't need to jet with a slip on, but some fine tuning could be needed if your already a bit lean.

I personally like the sound of the scorpian slip on for the post kats. Really nice low sound, louder than stock, but not annoying so.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Is there a place I can go where I can listen to sound clips of the different exhausts?? I think I saw a thread stating there was within this forum but I couldnt find it? Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria View Post
        Is there a place I can go where I can listen to sound clips of the different exhausts?? I think I saw a thread stating there was within this forum but I couldnt find it? Thanks for your help

Youtube will have lots and lots of vids of just that. My recomendation...

The scorpian for example...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiKu3o3A1tQ"]YouTube - ‪scorpion exhaust on a katana 600‬‏[/ame]

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

oohhhhhhh I like that Thanks for your help!!! Your awesome

One more thing...there are three options, stainless, titanium and carbon fibre??? Is one better then the other?? The one in the video is stainless I am guessing???
          Last edited by Victoria; 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

oohhhhhhh I like that Thanks for your help!!! Your awesome

One more thing...there are three options, stainless, titanium and carbon fibre??? Is one better then the other?? The one in the video is stainless I am guessing???

Cost vs aesthetics, no difference in performance for the bike.

The carbon fibre can will have a much lower temp on the carbon surface area than the other cans though, if that makes a difference to you...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Cost vs aesthetics, no difference in performance for the bike.

The carbon fibre can will have a much lower temp on the carbon surface area than the other cans though, if that makes a difference to you...

Krey

Thanks so much for all your help Krey...I really appreciate it!!!

Comment

So I have decided on the exhaust that I want and it states that re-jetting the carbs is "recommended"??? Do I really need to do this?? If I don't re-jet my carbs what is the worst that will happen? If I do have to have them re-jetted where the heck do I go to do this and about how much more dough am I looking at??

Comment

So I have decided on the exhaust that I want and it states that re-jetting the carbs is "recommended"??? Do I really need to do this?? If I don't re-jet my carbs what is the worst that will happen? If I do have to have them re-jetted where the heck do I go to do this and about how much more dough am I looking at??

Jetkit is about $120 delievered to your door. You could install it yourself if you have any tools and mech abilitiy. It's pretty simple.

You can tune the carbs without it for a slipon, but I would strongly recomend one even if you were stock on everything else including the exhaust.

It's the single best upgrade and performance improvement you could possibly make to the bike.

krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Jetkit is about $120 delievered to your door. You could install it yourself if you have any tools and mech abilitiy. It's pretty simple.

You can tune the carbs without it for a slipon, but I would strongly recomend one even if you were stock on everything else including the exhaust.

It's the single best upgrade and performance improvement you could possibly make to the bike.

krey

Once again thank you Krey Do you possibly have a link to that JetKit??

Comment

Once again thank you Krey Do you possibly have a link to that JetKit??

krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

I put a two brothers slip on, no jetting required and sounds great. though i want to jet the carb i heard that ivan's or factory stage 1 the way to go. There was a thread on here with different makers exhaust tones from you tube that someone gathered up. Good luck.
                        Loud Exhaust Save Lives!

Comment

Yeah I have the two brothers in chrome and out of all of the ones I've heard i think it is the one that sounds best has a real deep sound doesnt sound what you would think a kat with a muffler to sound like

Comment

Working...
                          X